cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to install HANA DB SP7 from Service market place single host system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to install HANA DB server which is downloaded from service market place on SUSE Linux server 64 bit.

I alss downloaded PuTTY on my windows and connected to my Linux box. I am not familiar with PuTTY commands etc..

I am going through installation guide and the videos

Installing SAP HANA server (part 2) - hdblcmgui [SPS 07]

In the videos they say to extract all files and start using hbblcmgui for installation...But I do not know how to do it.

I also learned that I have to create Configuration file for Batch installation without intervention. How to do that.

If anyone of you has done installation, can you please help me step by step.

I am trying to do Single Host system later want to connect to BPC server which is on the network.

I am not a Basis person, therefore please be a bit elaborate in your answers.

Kind Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not a Basis person I don't recommend installing as there are lot of other things that you need to know about hana and operating hana before you can connect to BPC.

If you still want to play, try the below:

In the Installatin folder you can find a file called hdbinst it is interactive but clm based and much more quicker than using the hdblcmgui.

Batch config file is used when we are deploying mass hana installations and want to re-use the same set of parameters in your case I guess you can just use hdbinst instead of batch file.

Thanks

Srikanth M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping.

I found hdbinst file in more than on place and I tried to open (right click and open) but I see nothing happening.

Can you please let me know how to use it, shall I need to give any command using Putty software ?

If yes can you please let me know the commands ?

Reagrds

Krishna

I managed to install HANA DB SP7 successfully. Its rather simple task than I initially thought...

Correctly download all the HDB installation files from Service Market place, once you extract all it will be around 10GB on Linux.

Extract all the downloaded files and find HDBINST file which opens HANA Lifecycle Management console. From then it is more like a guided procedure. Need to give system name, instance number and username and password etc. and proceed. Once the system creation step is successfully completed, you can access this via a HANA Studio.