cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGF - Cost centre hierarchies not visible with new validity editions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We uploaded Cost Centre hierarchies with an edition, which is out of validity. Now, we are trying to create cost centre with collective processing with new validity edition and surprisingly we are not able see the hierarchy from the selected controlling area.

For every new cost centre, which are being created with new validity from edition, hierarchies should get displayed. but its not. Do i need to do any additional configurations?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one in the similar boat? 

I am struggling with this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one suggest me on this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srni

Not sure I am making ninterpreation for your requirement correctly or not?

As per you, uploaded Cost Center Hierarchy with validity period from ECC table into MDG tables.

Validity period for above uploaded cost center hierarchy are out side of today/s current date.Correct?

If Yes. then these Cost Center Hieraries are considered as completed as Validity period for above uploaded cost center hierarchy are out side of today/s current date in MDG table.

Can you reconfirm your intitial upload for cost center hierarchy in MDG Table through prgram USMD_DATA_MODEL and selecting correct CCH MDG check table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sanjay if my question is not clearly stated. I will explain in detail.

We are using HUB mode.  As part of initial upload, we loaded cost centre hierarchies using an edition via file upload menthod. I can see that hierarchies/groups in MDG table.

Edition i used for hierarchies upload is checked with immediate replication check box. So Replication done immediatly and i can see data in ECC tables as well.

Now, we are trying to create new cost centre using collective processing. Since, we need to define new validity period, we created new Edition for this. When i get into collective processing by selecting Cost Centre Group entitiy and newly created entity and controlling area, i am NOT able see uploaded hierarchy/groups.

But,  if select the old edition in collective processing along with cost centre group entity and controlling area, i can see the hierarchies/groups.

My question here is: Why hierarchies/groups are getting displayed only with the EDITION, which i used for initial upload.

Hope i have stated my probelm clearly now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srni

Guess you are using MDG 6.1 then create new custom CR type for CC,CCG and CCH as entity type. Then use this edition in collective processing for new CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am doing exactly the same. Created CR type with CC, CCG and CCH then i go for collective processing and selecting CC group. Here i am not able to find the Groups/Hierarchies.

Any other way to create CC under particular hierarchy? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srni

Is your MDG Table for CCH updated with Edition number? Can you post scrren shot for you CCH table in MDG and also for collective processing screen? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Here is the screen shots from MDG tables for CCG and CCH with edition details..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also find the collective processing screens..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srni

Did you use intial upload CCH using same CR type which is used for CC creation?

Which is CR Type you used for creation of blank CR required for intial upload CCH?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanjay,

Yes. I am using same CR Type for initial upload and CC creation. Only difference is Edition. I am using new Edition due to new validity period.

Any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which is CR Type you used for creation of blank CR required for intial upload CCH?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I created custom CR Type with entity types: Cost Centre, CC group, CC Hierarchy. This same CR is being used for new Cost Centre creation as well. Do you see any problem here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on this request?