cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical differences among Sales order, Inquiry and Quotation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I know that the three type of documents: Inquiry, Quotation and Sales Order, serve to different purposes within the ERP, nevertheless I also noticed that the three of them, or at least the header data and item data, are stored in VBAK and VBAP tables, respectively.

So I would like to know if, technically speaking, there is any difference among the structures with each other; the three of them have header, items, schedule lines, price determination, etc.

By technical differences I mean if there are special tables exclusive for the Quotations, for example, and not for the Inquiries and so on.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Guillermo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you want to ask this?

yes, VBAK, VBAP are the same.

VBEP not applicable if there is no schedule line in quotation and inquiry.

VEPVG, VKDFS  - not applicable to quotation and inquiry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the answer, this is helpful.

I was having a look at the standard BAPIs to update a sales document (sales order, inquiry and quotation), and it turns out that they share the same input and export (tables) parameters, with the same data types:

BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE

BAPI_CUSTOMERQUOTATION_CHANGE

BAPI_CUSTOMERINQUIRY_CHANGE

It make sense given that within the source code for the three of them the standard RFC SD_SALESDOCUMENT_CHANGE is being called. So my question was in which extent these three different sales documents are alike...

I would like to know if there are more differences, do you happen to have any lead on where should I look? Or these ones are the only differences that exist?

Thank you!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We can use same BAPI for creating or changing inquiry, quotation or sale order. Difference would be in sales document type AUART and sales document category VBTYP. Use these two fields to differentiate the said document types and categories.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

It really depends on what kind of process and data is stored in each document. If will be better for you to create sample documents, and see what are the values stored in the 2 tables for each document types and then determine what are the key values to use in your BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, I will follow your advice in creating the documents and see for myself the differences and meaning of them.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

This will answer most of your question :

cheers,

Sarhan.