cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the standard Help button in FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to hide the standard Help button choice coming along with the FPM.

I am in EHP7 with SAP net weaver 7.4

Kindly suggest how to do the same.

Thanks in advance.

Nalla B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_ruggaber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nalla,

you could hide it within the customizing-mode (URL parameter sap-config-mode=X) - right click on the help button => settings for current confiuguration => set it to "invisible" => save the current configuration.

But there is one downpart: by pressing the F1 key the standard Help Center will still come up. And as a reply to an OSS call we already made: SAP told us, that there is no way to change this behaviour.

Regards

Frank R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

thanks for your response.

But is there any other way to hide the Help button as mentioned in the below thread.

i gone through the links but i am not able to finde the exact path to do the same.

Kindly suggest if you have any idea in this.

Thanks,

Nalla B.

frank_ruggaber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla,

to quote one of the statements in the links you provided:

"the IMG activity that allows for maintenance of the parameter "Application Help Shown in the Help Center" does not influence the availability of the help center in WDA (it also says so in the IMG documentation). You can, as you also already stated, remove the icon/button to the help center in the FPM-Toolbar via configuration of the FPM-Usage, but the functionality for the help-center itself cannot be deactivated (you can still reach it via F1 nevertheless)"

=> so basically: if you want to hide the help button, you have to hide it via a customizing of your FPM configuration. So set the button itself to "invisible". This is the only way to do.

Regards

Frank R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank,

I am using FPM_GAF_COMPONENT. Could you please explain me the path of the configuration where the help button disable optios will be available.

I am not able to find in the custom confiuration which i created. Do I need to look for it in the standard FPM Configuration ?

If yes could you please  help me in naming them with a screen shot if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Nalla B.

frank_ruggaber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nalla,

which SAP_BASIS-version you're running on?

In SAP_BASIS 7.40 it's like that:

goto SE80 - show up the configuration - within the SE80 menue select "Web-Dynpro-Configuration" - "Test" - "Execute in Administration Mode". The browser will show up in the customizing mode. There right-click on the help-icon and select the context-menue entry "settings for current configuration". A popup will come up => there you click on the select option "Invisible" in the line of "visibilty".

Save your customizing - that's it.

Regards

Frank R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank,

i am in SAP_BASIS 7.40 only but when i tried to change i am getting the error like

'You do not ahve sufficeient authorization'.

Hope I dont have the proper authorization to customize the same.

In SU53 aslo it didnt get me the missing authorization to do so.

Could you please suggest me the roles or authorization required to customize the same.

Thanks,

Nalla B.

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla,

for customizing you need at least S_WDR_P13N authorization. S_DEVELOP is even better

Sometimes there is additional transport authorization (e.g. S_CTS_ADMI) needed, since customizing can be also transported via a customizing request.

Best regards,

Simon