cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM requesting different Kernel

ralf_wahlen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I faced a same problem than a other user here with the SUM. We´ve got SUM 11 Patch 5 for SOFTWARE UPDATE MANAGER, the newest one!

I placed the stack.xml file from the mopz in usr/sap/trans/EPS/in. I get the message during the start and first steps,

that the stack is rejected because there were found kernels with different versions and/or make variants etc.

How could i solve the message " The stack is rejected because there were found kernels with different versions

and/or make variants in the stack: 7.20EXT / EXT and: 7.20 /??? (Thats the orig. Text from the popup)

I created the stack.xml file new with unmarked checkboxes for different vers. of the SAP Kernel EXEDB and EXE.SAR Files,

only with one marked checkbox for the kernel! No success.

I marked the all wanted sar files for OS/DB combinations and get also this error.

The SAR files are located in usr/sap/trans/EPS/in. The xml file shows 201, 300 and 600.SAR SAPDBEXE and SAPEXE.

So, i didnt marked it!! unmarked it, placed the files in usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

Where is the error, i edit several times the xml file and always get the error!! Didnt now, where to start again,

wait for a new SUM version, or what?

Greets

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are still at the start of SUM and your stack file was generated with a kernel of X and when SUM compares your system to the stack value your kernel is reported with a value of Y; at that point SUM halts.

To resolve the issue ensure you have SLD data suppliers on your system, and then verify SolMan has the correct information before generating your stack file in Mopz.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

i list for you an excerpt of our stack.xml for update to SPS12 with kernel linux 64bit unicode v600:

-<software-component>

<caption>SAP KERNEL 7.20 64-BIT UNICODE</caption>

<ppms-number>01200615320200013056</ppms-number>

<runtime-type>OS</runtime-type>

<name>KRNL64UC</name>

<version>7.20</version>

<vendor>sap.com</vendor>

-<support-package>

<caption>SP600 for SAP KERNEL 7.20 64-BIT UNICODE</caption>

<name>SP600</name>

<vendor>sap.com</vendor>

<ppms-number>67838200101100100134</ppms-number>

<sp-level>600</sp-level>

<patch-level>600</patch-level>

-<archives>

-<os-set os="LINUX_X64">

-<db-set db="DBINDEP">

<archive-name os="LINUX_X64" db="DBINDEP" patch-level="600">SAPEXE_600-10007264.SAR</archive-name>

</db-set>

-<db-set db="MAXDB">

<archive-name os="LINUX_X64" db="MAXDB" patch-level="600">SAPEXEDB_600-10007262.SAR</archive-name>

</db-set>

</os-set>

</archives>

</support-package>

</software-component>

So identify your right kernel-os-version and remove all other "SAP KERNEL..." parts from a copy of stack.xml and then try again.

As an alternative, you can select you support package stack basket manually in service market place and you the stack.xml, which is generated at the end of the wizzard ( http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Support Packages and Patches -> SAP Support Package Stacks ).

Regards,

Christoph

ralf_wahlen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph.

Thx, i solved the error, right, that XML file i edit several times. It was the SLD,

solution was to re-read all informations again, execute the Mopz again with stack, XML file creation and fixed!

Manual XML edit doesnt solve the error!! I dont know exactly why, SLD synch solved the error, yes now its fine!

Gaurav and Billy give me an good recommendation

Thx Ralph

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Here you need to regenerate the stack.xml file for the system which you want to perform SUM activities,I also suggest you to first sync the system completely with your sld and then generate the stack.xml again.

Regards,

Gaurav