cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding out the manager of a cost center

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to find out if there is a person assigned to the manager role of a cost center..

in detail:

For a travel expense report - I should check if there is a manger assigned for the cost center of that particular expense report.

Please share thoughts on this...

Regards,

Mamatha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mamatha,

Do you mean the person assigned to the cost centre in its master data in CO or going through orgmanagement in HR?

1st case: you need to discuss with your CO expert first whether and how they assign someone. You may be unlucky to just have a free text name. Once that's established, reading the respective table from an ABAB is a poc.

2nd: potentially easy, if you get the orgunit assigned to the cost centre and than orgunit line manager. However, you need to discuss how data is captured. You may find no or ambigous results depending on how orgstructure and cost centre hierarchy are alligned.

Kind regards

Sven

0 Kudos

Thanks Sven.. I think my case fits into the second one.

I have the role to which the cost center manager is assigned.

I can get the name of the user assigned to the role from PFCG.

but, the Z function module in the system returns different results than the PFCG.

My actual requirement is to find out if a cost center has a manager assigned to it or not.

Depending on this condition, I need to take the conditional branch in the workflow.

So, is there a way to find out if a cost center manager role is empty or not??

Thanks,

Mamatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mamatha,

users are assigned to roles in table AGR_USERS with the role in the field AGR_NAME (field ist still named after the "Activity Group", the predecessor of roles.

So, if you have roles per cost centre and only need to find out, whether a user is assigned to that role at a given point in time, this is the table to go for.

I could imagine that the Z-module you mention is looking in the Cost Centre Master data, which I would consider tha natural place to look and if this is the case and the role assignment and cost centre master data are not in line, it might be worth while checking it together with the CO team.

kind regards

Sven

0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Sven, as mentioned in your resolution, I spoke to my functional counter part and he seems to have an explanation for why the results of the FM and the table content do not match.

The FM determines the manager recursively and hence more dynamic than the table results.

Regards,

Mamatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah. Thanks for the update. So, is there any question left you need help from the community for? I wasn't quite sure if there's anything I can still do to help or all settled.

0 Kudos

Thanks Sven, as this is dynamic and system specific - I guess I would need to take help from the functional counterpart.

Regards,

Mamatha

Answers (0)