cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: SAP License Custom Field Mapping???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was configuring License Field in Access Request to update in Back end system. In this, I followed note#1736817 - UAM- License Key is not updated in SU01.

Now I can find the custom field created for license under "Custom" Tab. However, I noticed that this is plain text field and this is not displaying any drop down!

May I know what is that I missed? I followed everything mentioned in the note and still I am not able to get that drop down values.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that there are two ways of making the custom License type field work. The Method that works the easiest is to map the "Value Range" available to the custom field domain in SE11.

This should provide a drop down. Ensure that the License type ID that you map, i.e. 52/53/AB etc all exist on the necessary target systems. I have seen that some licence type values are not always available in different types of systems (i.e. CRM, GRC etc), so if you select the wrong license type, it may fail on one of your target systems where it can not find that specific ID.

The second method is to map the custom field to the data element "USERTYPN", which will look at the License type details within the GRC system alone. Again, if a certain license ID does not exist on GRC, this could cause an issue in updating the corresponding license detail in the target system.

Also, ensure to map your custom field to the respective connectors under "Maintain Mappings for Actions and Connectors".

Ideally, what should be have been provided by SAP is an additional column within the "User Systems" tab of a ARM request form to allow you to select the License type per target system. I think this would help resolve most issues pertaining to maintaining User License details per system.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harinam,

Thanks for your response.

Harinam SanKirtan wrote:

The Method that works the easiest is to map the "Value Range" available to the custom field domain in SE11.

May you please guide me here?

The second method is to map the custom field to the data element "USERTYPN", which will look at the License type details within the GRC system alone.

May I request you to kindly guide me here too!

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faisal,

What other documents are you using apart from the SAP note mentioned above?

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have followed another document:

Hope this will help me. Actually, I should take the help of an ABAPER for this.

If I need any help, will get back to you.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harinam,

I could get the drop down now as you suggested.

However, I noticed that license is not updated in the back end system for a user!

I mapped this custom field as per note.

Can you please advise?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faisal,

Seems like you have made some good progress. Could you share your screenshots from SE11 (the data element settings) and also your settings from the mapping to the connector group?

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harinam,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below attached screen shots:

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the actual "License Type" ID 01, 02, 03 exist on the R3 target system? Also, are they active? You may need a Basis admin to double check that for you.

the rest seems fine, as you have got the Data Element aligned to a Domain and I presume the fields do appear on your ARQ form without any issue.

The Field mapping seems fine also.

Double check the actual License ID's and let me know what you find out.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harinam,

Once again thanks for your reply 🙂

Please see below screen shot of table TUTYPA table in my system and advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make "02" active and see if it works. Is this TUTYPA table setting from the target system or GRC?

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harinam,

Now it is working fine.

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know you got it fixed. It is slightly challenging to implement, but once in, I am sure your User Management team will be happy

Just make sure that all the valid License Type ID's are active across all the target systems.

Out of interest, someone was earlier talking about trying to create a custom column for license types per system individually (multi system), which I think would be perfect, but so far not seen a working solution.

This would be the perfect solution for an environment requiring different license types to be assigned to a user on different types of system (i.e. ECC, CRM, SRM etc). But for now, if the same License type is to be assigned on different systems, the solution you have should be good enough

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Yes, it is good.

However, if feel that as this is standard field in User Management, this should be available by default like User Type instead of through custom field.

I am not sure why this is made like this.

Anyway, I appreciate your prompt response and help

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen couple of threads dealing with this topic. However, none of them have been answered. I am not sure if people have done it.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering how people are handling SAP Licensing!

Are they managing this out side GRC?

Any knowledge sharing would be a great help!

Regards,

Faisal

mtuq77
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Try in DVG first

Regards