cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: How to make direct backstep jump (Exit/Cancel) when Confirm note is shown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

I have three screens in my Personas app: Screen_A which is the initial Personas screen, Screen_B which is an obsolete screen to be skipped using Personas, and Screen_C which is the result screen. The UI flow is shown below:

Normal SAP process will follow this UI sequence:

Screen_A > Screen_B > Screen_C

By using Personas, the UI flow is simplified as (note that Screen_B is skipped now):

Screen_A > Screen_C

Now look at the backstepping, currently, it goes like:

Screen_C > press Exit > Confirm Prompt is show > select No > Screen_B > press Exit > Screen_A

What I want to have is to skip the Screen_B, ie:

Screen_C > press Exit > Confirm Prompt is show > select No > Screen_A

I tried to write a script to Push Exit button on Screen_B, but due to the Confirm note shown, it does not work giving error.

Anyone has an idea how to handle such a case where user has to confirm the note first?

Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI:

Here is the solution:

On the confirm add my button. Just do Switch Flavor to SMEN//myInitFlavor. This works for both Exit and Cancel case. Note that one should not press the original button on the Confirm.

Set Steves as Helpful.

Set to answered.

Dong Zhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all!

Dong

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Can you give me the exact transactions and steps?

I have done something similar in ME21 and redirected my screen flow to ME23 when the PO gets saved.

I will give it a go.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I am using IW21. When I press Exit or Cancel, I want to go back to init UI directly to skip the middle UI. Thx.

Br,

Dong

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As per my understanding,

Your Screen A is a flavour of SMEN transaction.

Screen B is IW21 and

Screen C is the 2nd screen on IW21 transaction ( which gets rendered when you enter Notification Type)

Now on pressing exit, you want to goto initial screen i.e. SMEN screen.

You can simply call the SMEN transaction. The default flavour will be called for the transaction and you will be on the initial screen.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thx. One thing is that on Exit I'd like to still show the Confirm note first then go back to init UI. The trick is that a new btn has to be made on the Confirm instead of the flavor.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you not replace the appropriate button on the pop-up with a script button that presses the original button and then presses "exit" on screen B?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thansk for your suggestion and it should work. Somehow, it has a little problem - the Confirm note seems to be shared by both Exit and Cancel icons. I add my own "No" button to Push the hidden original "No" button on the Confirm, then Push the Cancel on the following UI. It works OK for the Cancel case. But when I press the Exit, and No-button, it pops out an error. I also tried to use "/n" but it did not work either as it lead to the Start Easy Menu screen for the Exit case.

I am looking at other options.

Br,

Dong