cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space utilization of carton per pallet at the time of dispatch..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can we calculate space utilization of carton per pallet at the time of dispatch..??

For example,

FG Materials will be placed in a carton boxes. And these carton boxes will be packed again in corrugated boxes. All these boxes were placed in a pallets.

Different kinds of corrugated boxes could be placed in a pallets.

Here carton box sizes are fixed. Different size of carton boxes will be packed in different size of corrugated boxes.

So, now requirement is space utilization of carton per pallet at the time of final dispatch for loading in to container.

Can we know how many corrugated boxes can be placed in pallet based on the cartons..?

carton specifications are like length, width and thickness to be maintained.

Could you please let me know the possible scenarios..??

Regrads,

Govind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your reply..

Reply to your points,

1. Corrugated boxes and cartons are maintained in packaging materials only. But, how can we define specifications like length, height and thickness..??

2. Pallets will be maintained as SU

3. How can we maintain Carton qty per pallet in system??

4. We need report at the time of pallet level. Bcoz, we need to calculate the number of corrugated boxes per pallet.

Regards,

Govind.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier this will be a custom development hence you need to create custom table to store certain value like L X B X H (To my knowledge we don't have any field in material master to store Length, Breadth and height)

2& 3) if pallet is maintained as SU then i am sure in WM2 view of material u must be maintaining how much case per pallet you can store , you can use those filed

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per alternative unit you can maintain LAENG, BREIT, HOEHE Length, Width and height in table marm of material master (alternative units tab, scroll to the right)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen..

Do we need to maintain these alternate units for Pallets/FG/Packaging materials..??

In our scenario, We are considering carton as finished material and later on these will be packed in corrugated boxes. And then those Corrugated boxes will be placed in Pallets..

Here, we need to calculate

1.  No. of cartons in corrugated boxes..??

2.  No. of Corrugated boxes on Pallet..??

Can you please help me out..!!!

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish..

If we maintain palletization data in WM2 view per pallet (i.e.,SUT),

only no. of boxes will be calculated per SUT at the time of picking.

And we also need to calculate no. of cartons in each box. Is there any possibility..??

Any HU to be maintained in this case..??

Please help me out for finding the solution..

Govind.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the simplest way is to maintain it in the alternative units of the material master that is sold.

But you would need to sell it in the alternative unit, if you want an accurate gross weight and volume, e..g in PAL to have the weights and volume that are maintained at this level.

if you sell it at PC or CAR, then only the weight and volume maintained there is projected at the total quantity.

Alternative you have the option of packing the goods in the delivery(or in the shipment) In this case you maintain the net weight and volume of the packaging in the packaging material master, and only the materials net weight in the material master of the finished good.

you then pack the finished goods into the cartons and then the carton onto pallet.

This way you get the number of packages too and it can be printed in the bill of lading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

Here in the requirement, one more layer of packing involved.

As i told you, first FG material will be packed in CARTONS. And these cartons will be packed in CORRUGATED BOXES. Again these CORRUGATED BOXES will be placed in PALLETS.

Is there any process of two level packing and identification of material at each level or calculation of no. of CARTONS (which are packed in corrugated boxes) on PALLET.

Hope you got it.. Please suggest..!!

Regards,

Govind.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

packing in the delivery can be done like it you can do it with a russian matryoshka.

You can as well do the first packings in the delivery and the last  packing in the shipment, just try to match your physical process.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as standard SAP are concern i don't remember that we have any SAP standard report to calculate this however you can design and develop a custom report by joining multiple table e.g. LIPS, VEKP, VEPO (assuming that HU management is active). MLGN

Point to be consider here

1) Is corrugated boxes maintained as a packaging material in system if yes are you defining the Length Breadth and height of that.

2) Is pallet maintained as a shipping unit in the system

3) Carton quantity per pallet is maintained in system or not

3) At what level you are planning to generate the report ,Pallet Level, Delivery level, Truck level (sometime your order is less then a pallet load, hence you need to consider that scenario also)