Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO - CDP

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

our production division asked for a possibility of planning that would consider some characteristics like, similar raw materials & packages (both BOM components) and possibly expiration date (it's food industry). I began to immerse myself into CDP and think that CDP might help to solve the requirement.

My question is if someone has had similar requirement and might give useful hints as how to approach the requirement.

I thought that since the raw materials and package sizes are components of the bom it might be possible either to classify the bom / planning recipes or to classify the PDS in APO. First create an appropriate characteristics and classes in ERP, then either calssify the bom ( the related bom components??)

or the planning receipe. Another approach I thought about might be characteristic propagation in the PDS in APO. I am not sure if I would have to assign the class / characteristics to the header material of the PDS or to the components.Or in general what would be better for planning in APO PPDS: classification of the bom/receipes in SAP ERP or the characteristic propagation in the PDS in APO?

Or might there be a better solution for that?

we use APO 7.03 and SAP ECC 6.0 / (SAP PP-PI is integrated with APO PPDS)

thank you in advance for any hints!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

BBlock planning in PP/DS?

SUbash