cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the account group of a customer master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would like to change Ship-to's to Sold-to's. I know the transaction XD07, but when trying to promote a SH to SP, I receive the error

The planned change is not allowed as the following field groups would be masked by the new account group.

Below the error the table displays Group Name PO Box City and Address.

How do i bypass this and successfully change the ship-to to a sold-to?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

The Account grp can be changed in XD07 provided the number ranges are same for both the account groups.

This should solve the issue. Please check the number ranges.

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before changing the account group to the desired one, please go to Finacial accounting >Accounts receivable and payable>Customer accounts> Master data> Preparation for creating customer master data--> Assign number ranges.

There you check and compare the assigned number ranges for both accounts. Both should be same. Then go to XD07 and proceed with the change.

Reward points if helpful

Thanks

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please know one more thing that You cant change sold to party but then You can only change the account group of a customer to a higher level. For example, you cannot change the account group of a sold-to party to the account group of a bill-to party (which has a more limited role). You can, however, change the account group of a bill-to party to that of a sold-to party, thereby extending the role of the customer.

Thanks

Adi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Chek out ur new account group for Sold to party ,whether all the fields in address tab is marked either optional /required. It should not be in display /supress mode then only u can successfully change ur SH account to SP account.

I think , Number ranges should be same.

if itz not da same number range system will give the message ,but it will allow to change the account group.

As I successfully worked in this issue earlier.

As we all know, we only change the account group from lower to heigher,

ie. sh,bp,py to SP only not viceversa.

*rewards if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

THe option is available, but I suppose you cannot change the account group of customer once it is created. I had faced a similar problem may be around 1 1/2 yrs back, & concluded that it could not be changed.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

To change the Account Group, the number range must be same for both the Account Groups. This is must. So I advice you to make the Number Range for your Sold-to and Ship-to groups same.

I guess this will solve your problem.

Sree.