cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice BUS2205 Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

All-

We are working on a SRM 5.0 (Classic Scenario Implementation). We have implemented the 2 step Invoice workflow along with other workflows. The business requirement is as follows:

1.) Requester creates invoice

2.)Special approver changes/Updates accounting data and approves.

<b>3.) Once approved, the invoice Work item has to goto the next approver for approval without re-triggering the approval</b>

<u><b>Problem</b></u>

1.) Requester creates invoice

2.) Special Approver changes/updates accounting data and approves.

<b>3.) Once approved, the work item is again in the special approvers inbox with a notification sent to the requester (No Work item with accept changes button is sent to the requester, like in a SHC) that the invoice has been changed.</b>

To tackle this problem, we are using the BADI BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI and flipping the authorization level of the user from "Medium" to "High" when accounting data has been changed. Even after doing so, the workflow is retriggering and the work item is sitting again in the special approvers inbox.

We also found out that the Workflow is not even hitting the BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI.

Question?

1.) Does anybody know if this BADI can also be used for Business Object BUS2205. I know that we have used this BADI for our past clients for Confirmations but i am not sure if it can be used for BUS2205 Invoice?

2.) Is there any setting that needs to be accomplished to stop this behaviour? How can we avoid this behaviour?

Thanks,

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as i know , from the documentation and the examples i have seen.

1.N-step is not possible for invoice.

2.Have you debugged the changing and approval process of the special approver?

I have found many times during the approval of other documents namely (shoping cart , purchase order) , system will always determine the security level of the approver.

You have to see for specific flag 'restart' , in the function module

BBP_PDH_WFL_START. this is called from below function module

BBP_WFL_DB_UPDATE ( you have check for the correct name in the system).

3.security level also depends on the roles provided to the user. please check this.

4.See wether there are two entries for the invoice in the workflow log using trasnaction SWI6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Have you got solution for this problem?

I am also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>I don't think the BADI - BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI will help in solving this issue.</b>

Try this ->

<u>You can use the AUTHORISE_FOR_CHANGE method of the BBP_CHNG_AGNT_ALLOW BAdI to prevent approvers from being changed.</u>

If the workflow is not working as expected, see SAP Note 322526 Analysis for workflow problems.

I guess, that the workflow conditions are not properly configured or this might be due to some OSS note missing in the system.

<u>Some related OSS notes: -</u>

<b>975852 No workflow is started after you have entered invoices

1039864 INVOICE: Sometimes no Workflows started

986391 Some objects have no workflow

Note 1033007 - Requester is first approver during BAdI restart

973915 Incorrect approvers during restart of BADI workflow

1015915 Wrong restarts in some cases

942115 Invoice IDocs are not sent

889693 New exception category (Invoice entry overdue)

710787 EBP: Message control: Additional messages (2)

625344 Status change not possible because follow-on docs exist

699300 EBP-INV purchaser as approver of his invoice

373675 Problems with invoice generation (check list)

362904 Completeness status is not in WF Container

Note 942089 - 'Accept changes' creates restart</b>

Please refer to these links.

<u>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/2c/e68d406b305537e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5a/af5f1185d011d2b42d006094b92d37/frameset.htm</u>;

Incase it does not help, please raise an OSS message with SAP.

Regards

- Atul