cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails are not reaching to outlook inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my SOST mail is showing send status but mails are not reaching to my outlook.
So plz help me out guys.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratyush Rath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush Rath,

From your screenshot it looks like this email has status XS718. This status is 'In transit' and means that the email may have been sent correctly from the SAP system however no confirmation of receipt was received for this email.

I take it you are on a release <730? If so please goto SCOT -> Settings -> Confirmation of receipt; and choose option 'SAPconnect does not expect receipt confirm. for internet mail'. Make sure there is no entry in the box below.

Then please attempt to send another mail, does the status in SOST update to XS73 (Green) completed status?

Thank you,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have tried this process but still mail is not comming in to mail outlook.Is there any out look setup required??plz help me out..

thanks & regards,

Pratyush.

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

When you changed the setting in SCOT did the email get updated to XS73 status (green) in SOST?

There is no special Outlook configuration required. Do emails reach other mail clients?

The configuration note for SMTP is 455140.

Thank you,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ciaran,

Ya when I change the setting as ur have given above the status of the message turns to GREEN. BUT still email is not comming to my mail. so could you please help me out in SMTP configuration.

So, please help me out with this Ciaran.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratyush.

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

If the status is turning Green then what could be happening here is that the email is leaving the SAP system and reaching the Mail server, if this the case then the configuration is correct within SAP and the issue should be checked at mailserver level.

We can check if the email is leaving the SAP system correctly if we capture the SAPconnect and/or ICM trace.

So please capture the SAPconnect trace as per '1639935 - How to capture the SAPconnect trace' and attach the trace. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ciarán

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

I also faced similar issue. This is because, you might be using Client's mail SMTP server. The outlook mail ID might be your company's domain, as well sending email ID also might be your same company domain email ID. If this is the case, then this is a Compliance issue.

Solution is to change the sender email ID to any other domain apart from your company's domain. It can be any dummy email ID also. Check if this sends mail to outlook.

Hope this helps.

Regards-

Chirag Keswani

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pratush,

Ask you basis team to checl the mail server setting whether is done properly,if yes you can resend the mail from SOST by selecting immediately.

regards

shankar

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

Has checking this issue at mail server level helped here? Thank you.

Best regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ciaran,

No it it did not help me in sanding mail to outlook.Is there any extra config. requirded to send the mail from sap to outlook.becoz in SOST it is showing green status but not reaching to my mailbox.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratyush.

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

There is no specific configuration required for sending email to Outlook.

If the mail is green in SOST it sounds like the mail is being transferred from the SAP system to the mail server. There is most likely a problem with the routing rules at the mail sever or an issue along the route to Outlook. If you capture the SAPconnect trace as in 1639935 then you can see if the email is successfully transferred to the mail server. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am facing problem in sending a simple mail via SO01 tcode to my mail ID.it is showing sent status in SOST tcode but email is not comming to my mail ID.Do I need some extra configuration in my outlook to get mail from SAP or I need come config. in SAP level.Could U plz help me in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush

You need some additional basis configuration. You can take help form your basis team

You can refer Configure Sender email address in SCOT/SOST - SAP ...

]how to configure email from SAP

Configuration for Sending Internet Mails (SAPconnect)