cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Logical Component in Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a Logical component for my SAP ECC managed system, could you please let me knowhow to create it.

OR is there any standard SAP document available on how to create Logical component in Solman 7.1 SP10.

Regards

P Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Can you also check the below link and let us know if you need more help further

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Managed+System+Setup+of+BOE+4.0+system+in+Solman+7.1

This link is about BOE managed system end to end but you can check the relevant section for logical component for screenshot or process to create it

i assume above help

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me Help you in short.

1) Open transaction LMDB

2) Switch to Logical Components Tab

3) Type the name of the Logical Component you need to create in Z/Y namespace

4) Click on Create

5) Now press on maintain, a pop-up opens.

6) select the right ECC product instance, there is documentation available in the pop-up

7) now, press on Assign technical system button

😎 Select your technical system, again there is ample documentation in the pop-up itself.

9) Press on SAVE

10) You are done!!

Best Regards,
Mayank

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

from SAP Library (Solution Manager 7.1 application help)

Managing Logical Components - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

igalleske
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi P Kumar,

Do you want to create a logical component for a SAP-component or a Non-SAP-component?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you create it depends entirely on what version of SolMan 7.1 you are currently running.  While @Prakash is correct using SMSY to create logical components on SP10 or higher does not work, SAP forces creation/modifications/deletions of logical systems via work centers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI kUMAR,

Check in SOLMAN 7.1 master guide which is available in SAP marketplace.

You can try below for creating logical component in SOLMAN:

1)Make sure that managed system has correct details in LMDB (like product components,version...etc)

2)Go to SMSY-->click on logical components in left hand side-->search for your product version i.e ERP 6.0 or Netweaver 7.0 or SCM etc.

3)Expand ERP 6.0 (in ur case)-->right click -->create logical system-->Give logical system name and version details-->Save

4)After that select systems i.e Dev system ,QUA system,PROD system of your ECC ,Then save

Thanks,

Prakash