cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate check in Staging area records also

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • I have configured the match profile in Customizing for Master Data Governance under  General Settings Data Quality and Search  Search and Duplicate Check  Define Search Applications  .
  • I have configured the duplicate check, in Customizing for Master Data Governance under  General Settings  Data Quality and Search  Search and Duplicate Check  Configure Duplicate Check for Entity Types  .

I have used Database (DB) Search here.

When I test this by creating a new CR for create Supplier a pop up window appears with potential duplicates. But these are coming only from Active area.

There exist a duplicate in staging area as well, but it is not shown in the duplicate check pop up window.

What configuration is required to check duplicates in staging area records also ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Please reconfirm

Match Profile

You can specify a match profile to control which attributes the system compares to identify duplicates. For example, to compare name and address details, you can specify that the system considers the name fields, house number, street, city, postcode, and country of each record. You can specify that a field is mandatory for duplicate check. During a duplicate check, all fields that you specify as mandatory must contain a value for the check to be performed.  You can also assign a relative weight to each field indicating the importance of that field in identifying duplicates. The system can then prioritize certain attributes for the purposes of the comparison. When the system has completed a duplicate check, it presents a score for each potential duplicate. This score is calculated based on the relative weights and indicates the probability that the new record is a duplicate.  For example, two addresses with identical postcodes could be considered more likely to be duplicates than two addresses in which the values for country are identical.

You can define the sequence in which the system displays attributes compared for the duplicate check. To do this you enter a number for each attribute, indicating its position in the order, for example 1 indicates that an attribute is the first to be displayed, 2 indicates the second and so on.  If you do not want to define a sequence, you can enter the same value – 1 –  for each attribute.

Threshold

You can specify a threshold for duplicate scores. The system deems as potential duplicates, only those records with a score in excess of this threshold and displays these records to the user.

and also refer