Sales Inquiry to Request for Quotation to vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement for mapping the business of trading goods

my client is doing a trading business

always materials sourced from different vendors and supply to customers

so the drop shipment (third party sales ) is covering this scenario

But the actual requirement is , when the end customer request for material, that is booking as as inquiry

from this inquiry system has to create RFQ to different vendors

Once got the quotation from the vendor , it has to compare, select the best price, then sends the PR, PO

the sales order comes in the middle

then invoice

can it be possible in SAP , guys please guide me to solve this issue urgently

Regards,

Pratheep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We very much have a standard business process - for your process.

You can use TCode ME41 for creating RFQ based on PR. Then after receiving RFQ from Vendor, you can compare them through TCode ME49. And accordingly you can choose best RFQ for your PO creation.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP,

But does the RFQ will be created with reference to sales Inquiry, so that all the quotations has the link with the sales inquiry

If the process does not have in standard , how to achieve , please suggest me

Regards,

pratheep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when the end customer request for material, that is booking as as inquiry

Once got the quotation from the vendor , it has to compare, select the best price, then sends the PR, PO

the sales order comes in the middle  then invoice

Do you maintain the end customer record in your system?

what is the accuracy % of converting the sales inq into actual requirement in your case ?

SAP suggests the probable % for Inquiry is 30 so i assume in your case also could be around the same % if this is case how do you advise that based on the sales inq % you would procure the materials by following procurement cycle.

Please note based on Sales orders only the PTP cycle starts not from INQ because of the probable % diff which is not advisable.

The actual cycle would start as below.

Standard Procurement cycle.

Based on the requirements received from various departments like from sales order if you are into trading or it can be from project it need some indirect materials or raw materials etc for producing finished product. Purchase engineer will create PR and follow the below stand PTP cycle to complete the requirement.

ME51N- PR

Me41-request for RFQ

Me47-Compare quotation

Me21n-create PO with ref RFQ

MIGO

MIRO.

then normal OTC cycle.

In your case if it is trading business and following 3rd party sales then there is link of PTP to OTC cycle and  it follows as below.

OR-PO-MIGO-MIRO-VF01.

But the requirement mentioned i don't see any possible solution as per your requirement and would suggest the normal standard PTP and OTC cycle.

And also you mentioned in 2nd post.

But does the RFQ will be created with reference to sales Inquiry, so that all the quotations has the link with the sales inquiry

NO, and also based on my above observation it is not recommended creating RFQ with ref to Sales inquiry.

This is my observation and others may dis agree with my observation and understanding .

thanks,

Srinu.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inquiry and Request for quotation are one and the same

in sales we call it as inquiry

in purchasing we call it as request for quotation.