cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Test Environment 7.0.5 - How to Change the App?

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the latest version of SMP 3.0 you can now deploy multiple Agentry apps to an SMP server. I've been experimenting with some different apps but I can't find a way to tell the ATE to point to a different server app.

When I initially run the ATE I'm prompted to put in the server address (https://machineName:8081/AppName) but if I want to test a different app there doesn't seem to be a way to bring up the server prompt again. Doing a Reset Test Client doesn't change anything, the same app gets reloaded.

The only workaround I've found is to uninstall the ATE, delete the contents of the folder it was in, and then reinstall the ATE. Time consuming.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The clients can only connect to one application at a time.  You can install the ATE into different folders so you don't have to clear the client.

You don't need to uninstall the full ATE, you just need to delete the folder with the Agentry.db

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

This seems to be a change from version 6 where you could reset the client and specify the server to login to. It would be nice if one could reset the client and get the server prompt dialog to pop up to point to another app.

I don't anticipate changing apps that often, I'm just in an experimental mode trying apps that connect to different back ends.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dave,

I will have to test but am a little surprised if it really changed.  Certainly the easiest way is to stop the ATE and just delete the dbdata folder.  Restarting the ATE will then prompt again.  No reinstall needed.  Not ideal but easier that what you are doing now.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. Yes deleting the dbdata folder works and is much easier than uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm not sure why they took away the option of setting the server properties.

Answers (0)