Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail as SMTP server

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to configure gmail as smtp server. Our current product version/release is as follows:  ERP 6.0 EHP /740. Please find attached the configuration made so far in Tx SCOT.

While testing email sending we are getting the following error message:

Currently no delivery to xxxxxxxxxxxx

Message no. XS612

Diagnosis

The message was processed correctly in the SAP system. However, a subsequent system registers that the message cannot currently be delivered to the receiver xxxxxxxxxxx

Information from external system (if available)

1. smtp.gmail.com:25

451 Error starting TLS

Procedure

If you send the message again at a later time then it is possible that it can be delivered successfully.

Do we ask our client to perform any action on email server side? On SMTP servers emails is necessary to enable relay for the specific SAP server you want  to configure for email sending. What are the requirements for gmail?

Please let me know if some extra detail is required.

Thansk in advance

former_member691884
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

have you configured to gmail from SAP.

Regards,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

as per below thread it seems gmail server cant be configured with SAP. we need to use a different way to achieve that. please refer this below thread.

Regards,

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That being the case and seeing from your screenshots that you have a Windows 2012 system, take a look at this IIS SMTP setup sending mail to smtp.gmail.com; then modify SCOT to send to local host (probably port 25) and then IIS will send the email for you.

How to Configure IIS SMTP Server to forward emails using a Gmail account | In The Mix

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I've already reviewed that post...but it was my understanding that applies for older SAP releases where SCOT does not give you the chance to set authenticated communication to SMTP which is required by Gmail.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Diego, please let this post know how did you proceed with your setup. it would be helpful for our understanding.

Thanks,

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your screenshots 25 is the wrong port to be using for SSL/TLS settings, take a look here - http://support.qualityunit.com/107274-How-to-configure-Gmail-SMTP-settings-

Also I do believe you have to provide authentication to the SMTP server unless you have a certificate from Google.

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I'll try it and let you know. I was not able to find a note or guide detailing the required steps. As per your knowlege, it's necessary to do some configurations on smtp server side?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

please check if Gmail server is accessible from your sap server.

go to your server, open a command prompt.

hit start telnet smtp.gmail.com 25

in telnet screen start with command 'helo'

give commands as per attached reference screenshot and let me know if connection is working fine.

please make sure telnet is enabled before you do these steps.

hope this Helps!

Regards,

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be nothing to do on the Gmail SMTP server side, are you trying to use a the Gmail SMTP as a single user to test things in the system or trying to configure SCOT to use business services offered by Google.

When you setup the auth with a username (typically your gmail email address) it will have your email in the return field, so it will make a difference on how you authenticate yourself to the SMTP server.

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please find attached the result of the telnet command. Is that result ok? Please let me know.

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the clarification on this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Diego, please hit those list of commands

Helo

Mail from:

Mail to:

Data

And check if you are getting mails. Only if mails are sent smpt ports are open.

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I've tried with the list of commands you indicated me to run....please chekc the results. After entering "starttls"......I'm not able to enter any other command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Check the sender email id specified in the system with your default domain or otherwise

Contact mail server administrator and also check your firewall

Please ref this note . . .

455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Hope it helpful for you.

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos