cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble configuring On-Premise Gateway Services with SAP River RDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to follow the document How to Set up your SAP River RDE on HANA Cloud for being able to use our on premise Gateway Services on the SAP River RDE online development tool. Unfortunately I am not able to successfully access the service and am looking for help from those who have been successful.

Currently, when I try to create a new project using SAP Fiori Template application trying to select my service catalog I am getting an error message saying "Error: Unable to access the selected system. Check your credentials and try again."

So we looked at what is happening behind the scenes. Looks like at this time, the River RDE makes a call to the following URL. This URL returns with a 403 (Forbidden) response. Looking at the details behind the response, we see a message “Target Service not allowed”.

While trying to retrieve the URL:    https://rde-s000xxxxxxxtrial.dispatcher.hanatrial.ondemand.com/destinations/CD1_odata/IWFND/CATALOGS...

Error message:  Target service not allowed

Your cache administrator is:    s.eck@sap.com

When I look at my local system, I am able to get a valid response from the corresponding URL using the supplied credentials.

I am not sure where to begin debugging this? Is there some way to test the connection setup in hanatrial-ondemand via the Hana Cloud connector?

thanks,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to figure out the problem. Apparently I had not followed instructions to the letter!

I had the Proxy type set to "Internet" as opposed to "On Premise". Works now!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

Is your system and its services listed when creating the New project ? If so, i would suggest to re check the destinations of the services specified when configuring the RDE.

Also can you try accessing other services in the system / services in Demo Gateway system ?

I followed the guides in this link and was successful .

Regards

Virinchy