cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Mandatory field handling in PI 7.11?

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I have 5 IDOCs in single message, and passed values from the source field and target field is mandatory.

I have a mapping loggic where the first three conditions got failed  and remaining got successfull and those 2 values should passed to target field .

As the first 3 IDOCs wont appear and the remaining values should place in 4th and 5th field., 

when i test, it is showing cannot create target element.

1. When i use MapWithDefaultValue fields are appearing blank. for 4th and 5th IDOC

please do the needful ASAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ganesh_anapu3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

below this correct

target occuence no need change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is my understanding.

You will get 5 Idocs from source, target field occurance is 1..1, If condition satisfies, then value will pass to target else no value is mapped to target and its failing since occurance is 1..1

If its correct.

Please add one more else condition before target, if conditions fail, pass constant as "Not Available" or "emplty" to target field which will resolve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos
javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using mapwtihdefaut[false] before IF branch.

And contant[] in ELSE branch

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

can you pls tell more clearly

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

And after that maybe you can remove removecontext and splitbyvalue

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Can any one please reply on the below issue

There is a target field which is mandatory, sometimes the value may or may not come to the target field.

Take an example of 5 IDOCs for whcih first 3 fields are with no values(should not appear) and remaining fields have value.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the target field is mandatory and the corresponding source field is not coming then obviously the mapping fails as the occurrence is set to 1.1.

If you map with default then you get empty tags.

If you don't want them(nothing but not mandatory) then simply change the occurrence to 0..1

if this isn't what you are looking for, then please share the input and expected output xml's.

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

values are coming from source end based on some condition target field value may not come, Target value is mandatory

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to be a context problem.

Send the source and target structures please

Regards

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a target field which is mandatory, sometimes the value may or may not come to the target field.

Take an example of 5 IDOCs for whcih first 3 fields are with no values(should not appear) and remaining fields have value.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is a bit unclear to me.

Can you please share the sample xml and expected output?