cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Account - End Of Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement and I have tried it in the system, but is not working.

Unlock Account

First Stage - Manager
Second Stage - Admin 1 - Have routing rule at this stage

Detour path

One Stage - Admin 2

I am able to route the lineitem system to detour path, but only thing not working is

Unlock should happen at second stage and then it should go to Detour Path -> One Stage (admin 2)

I have provisioning settings as END OF PATH, and Action for Unlock account request type as "CHANGE and UNLOCK USER"

So, I assume that for unlock, auto provisioning at end of the path doesn't work

But anyone had this kind of reqmnt? Or Is it possible to achieve?

Please suggest ..

Regards,
Madan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Madan,

I hope I am understanding your requirement correctly.

As far as I know the "End of Path" is not meant for the case you are mentioning. Path for the system would be from start till end for a line item.

In case you have multiple line items say roles. And due to the initiator in a request line items take separate paths. Here each path would end with a provision and not wait for any other path within the same request to complete. Where As End of request type provisioning will wait for ALL paths to close before provisioning.

In your case the path is to be seen in entirety that is original + detour. I do not think it is possible to have auto-provisioning in middle of the path and have stages after the auto-provisioning.

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant / Sammukh,

My requirement is:

Request Type - Unlock Account

Approval Stages - 3

At second stage - User should be unlocked and after unlock request should go to third stage

I have setup workflow as below:

First Stage - Manager

Second Stage - Admin 1

Defined a routing rule based on SYSTEM Line Item at Second stage and will send the workflow to another path with only one stage i.e., my 3rd stage

Usually during Unlock, user will select the SYSTEM in which UserID to be unlocked.

Only if SYSTEM line item is added my scenario doesn't work

If user selects SYSTEM line item as "X", system should add automatically Mapped dummy system (This is not standard, might require ABAPer)

Then in my routing rule, I will define to send the DUMMY system to Detour path and main system selected will complete its flow at second stage and UserID will be unlocked at the end of second stage.

My query is, Is there a way to achieve my scenario without having dummy system ?

Basically before request goes to 3rd stage, User should have been already unlocked

If there is only one Line Item, I know I cannot achieve my scenario.

So, some other line item should be there in my request , only then I can send the other lineitem to 3rd stage and main lineitem ends at second stage and UserID will be unlocked

This is the requirement from customer , I know its not standard

Please suggest if you have any idea to achieve this

Regards,

Madan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IS your query related to intiator rule,where baed on request type it should go and follow separate path where you have multiple stages.

for that you need to create initiator rule in brf+

there are lots of document shared in GRC document place.

Regards,

Prasant

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whats your requirement.

why you have routing rule configured.

Unlock account just system is selected why you need 2 routing rules.

GRC Unlocks user automatically.

for that provision setting need to be set automatically.

Prasant