cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightweight consumption check "by OData" doesn't trigger service generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm working on BW7.4 SP6 and I'm trying to generate the needed Gateway services from BEx Query Designer in order to consume a query from Lumira or any other visualization.

For this all I need to do is to check the "By OData" check in the Release methods, under Lightweight consumption section.

So after checking that and saving the BEx Query the expected behaviour is this:

But no, I can't manage to get the system to generate the gateway service on its own.

Any clue why ?

I've followed all the steps highlighted in the Gateway Configuration Guide on the 7.4 Help to activate Gateway services, etc.

SAP NetWeaver Gateway Foundation Configuration Guide - SAP NetWeaver Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) ...

Any hint will be appreciated.

Regards,

SJR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Have you checked Note 1906173 and Note 1941751? The latter one names a report. You should execute that one. However, it seems the name of it is wrong. It should be: EQ_RS_AUTOSETUP (no guarantee on this one). This should generate the service in the backend.

Afterwards you need to release the service. You need to go to the gateway maintenance service /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and add your query as service there. Note that the query name is attached with a _SRV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santiago

Could you resolve this issue?

I am facing same issue, working in NW 7.4 SP8.

If you have resolved, please can you explain how to did it?

Thanks,

César

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Reig,

Can u please look into this and see if it help u in any ways ?

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I take no one has experienced this kind of issues in the past ?

I'd rather open a customer message then :S

Final cryout to the community !

Please throw a rope here guys !

Any thoughts, hints, suggestions, ideas, whatever else will be most welcomed !!!

Cheers,

SJR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reig,

Is this issue resolved?

I am facing same issue, can you explain how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Raghava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antything new here?

All blogs and tutorials are at least 2 years old so I think they are kinda outdated......