Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPPDFPRINT & SAPSPRINT not using windows default printer selection

vince_tebano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have started with installing SAPPDFPRINT to be able to directly print to a windows printer.  This was not a real good option because the application has a dialog box that pops up asking the user to select a windows printer to print from even though in SPAD I had told the system to use the default printer ("__DEFAULT").    This options would have worked great if the system bypassed the popup and just used the default printer.

I then found the partner application SAPSPRINT which I know is for print servers but can also be used on work stations.  This option will directly print to the windows printer but still does not allow me the option to set the host printer to default.  I have to physically set the host printer to a printer that is installed on the machine.  This option is not a good option because it would lead to a lot of printers being set in SPAD which are connected to local machines.

My question is:

Is there a way to use either of these applications or some other application to be able to set a host printer in SPAD to default so that I can directly print PDF documents to a windows printer using the users default printer without any dialog popups.

Thanks,

Vinnie T.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try checking the box right under where you put __DEFAULT that says "No device selection at front end"?

vince_tebano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Wow,  How did I miss that.  I tested it and that works just the way I wanted.

Thank you.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a problem, some times you just have to ask and find out it magically appears! 

Answers (0)