cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slotting issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue in slotting run for a product.

Basically, at ECC side in MM03, i see MRP type as 'Z3' for a product "ABCD". But, after running slotting for the same product at EWM side in

product master - storage type data tab - i see Storage section indicator as "Y8" which is not same as MRP type ...

Can you please help me what is the reason it updating that different value?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Storage Section Indicator and MRP Types both are different. Slotting works based on Condition Records. So, please cross verify your condition records.

Did you create your condition records to update MRP Type?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can we update MRP type at ECC side with condition records configuration at EWM side?

If possible, can you please suggest me how it is?

Is there any relation in determining storage section indicator at EWM side with ECC MRP type during slotting run?

As per my knowledge , based on recommended storage quantity or sales order items or demand quantity in warehouse product -  Slotting tab ----> Storage section indicator and other parameters changes...  in storage type tab ...

If the MRP type in ECC side for ex: "X" , if the storage section indicator at EWM side in warehouse product master - storage type tab - value is "Y" after slotting run.. is that inconsistency... is that storage section indicator has to change according to the MRP type value at ECC side?

Thank you...

Sridhar

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we update MRP type at ECC side with condition records configuration at EWM side?

If possible, can you please suggest me how it is?

MRP Type is not relevant for EWM. So, I do not think we can do it until you write some custom program to update the value explicitly. Condition Records will not be able to help you.

Is there any relation in determining storage section indicator at EWM side with ECC MRP type during slotting run?

No - There is relation in determining storage section indicator at EWM side with ECC MRP type during slotting run?

As per my knowledge , based on recommended storage quantity or sales order items or demand quantity in warehouse product -  Slotting tab ----> Storage section indicator and other parameters changes...  in storage type tab ...

Yes - Slotting related planned fields will get updated.

If the MRP type in ECC side for ex: "X" , if the storage section indicator at EWM side in warehouse product master - storage type tab - value is "Y" after slotting run.. is that inconsistency... is that storage section indicator has to change according to the MRP type value at ECC side?

Here the link is not with MRP Type. It is based on the orders and demand quantity. It is very difficult to link Storage Section Indicator in EWM  with MRP Type in ECC. Both are different. there is no standard link available. If you need something like that, you have to write your own programs to do that.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Satish for your help and time.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the MRP type and the storage section indicator are in no way related to each other. Maybe, if the MRP type is part of the location product (which I am not sure that it is) you could add this in the field catalog to determine the storage section indicator. The MRP type is a PP element, the storage section indicator is for the warehouse.

"Can we update MRP type at ECC side with condition records configuration at EWM side?"

No. And why would you want to do that?

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (0)