cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use R3load -e ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to run a homogenous system copy. Normally I'm setting up the database by using the redirected restore (it's an IBM DB2 9.7.7. database). But now I like to set it up by R3load Export and Import procedure. I figured out that I have to execute "R3load  -e <command file>". But I was not able to find out the content of the command file.

Can anybody explain me how to create the command file?

Many, many thanks!

Regards,

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

many thanks for your answers. As I understood, I will run sapinst (or SWPM) to export the database to the filesystem. In the background R3Load is running.

I have launched sapinst from our installation master (Release EhP 4 for SAP ERP 6.0)  and I found the option "Database Instance Export". It's in the menue under "Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0" -> "Software Life-Cycle Options" -> "System Copy" -> "IBM DB2 ..." -> "Source System Export" -> "Central System" -> "Based on AS ABAP".

In the second step I will run the "Target System Installation". Then, the only diffrence to the redirected restore method is, that I have to choose the method "Standard System Copy / Migration (load-based) and not "Homogeneous System Copy (Database copy method)". Is that right or are there some additional steps?

Regards,

Max

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you are doing a system copy using the export and import strategy then you need to select "Load Based". R3load will be used here for exporting and importing the database content. if you select the database specific method then the installer will stop and ask you to restore the database from a backup and this is not an R3load based system copy.

Cheers

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I figured out that I have to execute "R3load  -e <command file>". But I was not able to find out the content of the command file.

You do not need to run the R3load command manually. You need to download the SWPM tool and do the export of the source system using "Load Based" and SWPM will automatically use R3load in the backend to export and the same applies when you do the import.

Regards

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MAx,

What is your system NW release ?

There are guides available on market place for system copy.

Read then and then use them to use R3load method for system copy.

That includes everything that you need to know to perform a successful system copy.

Also, you will get notes and hyperlinks specific to your DB, use them

For NW 7.0 to 7.03

You can refer below guide.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001419492012E

For above, you can get the same in market place.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max

Could you check this SAP note 1058437 - DB6: R3load options for compact installation

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.