Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicatation of Vendor Master Data Create/Update from MDG via PI

shivamd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in which we need to replicate any change/create in Vendor Master data in MDG system to PI using webservices,

Where PI is going to send the same to few other systems SAP ECC as well as Non SAP.

We were suggesting to use of IDOCs for the same but bussiness wants to go with webservices, I am not having much idea about webservices in MDG, are there any standard process with which can proceed for solution ?

Or

We need to crate the same ?

How can we proceed for the solution in this case ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
shivamd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for reply!!

I have gone through these documents earlier as checked for replication of data in portal but following are the challenges and doubts associated with the process given in documents -

1. As mentioned in Config. of SOA for MDG document the same can be used for a MDG Hub and MDG client system, The steps are given in document in this manner only while we want to replicate data to one of the ECC system as well as to an ESB(Enterprise Service Bus) from where any other system get get the file in the form of XML.
  2. In Configuring MDG for Supplier document point 10 Replicate Data gives details about cofiguration of eSOA and steps for Supplier but at the same time how can we extend the webservice or customize the same fir custom fields added in MDG for Vendor, As I am having doubt that this standard process is associated with std. business objects so it may affect the standard functionality.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the first question, you call the service in the PI system using the same configuration steps and then you send data to ESB from your PI system.

For the second question, if you go through the "how-to" documents for adding custom fields, they should detail how you can enhance the web service.