Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC Encryption using X.509 certificates without Single Sign-On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

got a question today for you to keep you busy 

Is it possible to have X.509 based SNC but without Single Sign-On? This scenario is currently requested by one of my customers who has some external users accessing their SAP system, but this needs to be encrypted. The SAP system is already configured with NW SSO 2.0 for SNC (only Certificate based) and the other side also has client authentication certificates available. The appropriate bi-directional trust to the Root certificates is also done.

We like to avoid a SNC-Name user mapping for those external users but want to have SNC encryption. We also don't want to install SNC Client Encryption.

Is there a way to provide the normal SAP Logon user experience (login with SAP userID and password) but have only the Encryption? I don't mean the "SNC without Single Sign-On" context menu which a user has to explicitly choose.

Please let me know, thanks a lot.

Regards,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200373
Participant
0 Kudos

What if you don´t configure SNC names for such users? You´ll habe to provide a certificate, get an SNC encrypted session, but end in SAP GUI´s login dialog to enter user name and password.

-- Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes u are right !!! Perfect thanks a lot.

Answers (0)