Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager AS Java in Data Supplier

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This is my first time getting my hands dirty with a Solution Manager configuration, this system was a 7.1 SPS03 and i updated it all the way to SPS12, along with its corresponding CR Content up to 2014. Besides the obvious reason of the system being outdated, the main one was that i just need to update a fresh installed IDES ECC 6.0 EHP7 based on NetWeaver 7.40 up to SPS 07, and to go past SPS04 i need to update the system through SUM (at least it is just required for SPS 05). I need that SPS level because im gonna start tinkering with SAP Fiori UX and that's the recommended SPS.

So, im in SOLMAN_SETUP doing the "Set Up Solution Manager System in LMDB" and i am getting the following error:

When i do a check on LMDB for the Solman system i get the following (i get the same error for the ECC System):

As I said earlier, this is my first time ever and i would appreciate any insight or help in how to solve these issues.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

It looks to me like your SolMan Java stack isn't registering with your SLD. LMDB gets its data from SLD, so the first thing is to see if SLD is getting current data. The ABAP and Java stacks of a dual-stack system register themselves separately, so they each have separate configuration.

Go into Visual Administrator on your SolMan Java stack and drill down to Cluster -> Server x -> Services -> SLD Data Supplier. You'll see three tabs at the bottom of the data page.

The Information tab tells you which SLD the Java stack is currently connecting to and when it last sent data. The other two tabs both have to be configured: the first (HTTP Settings) is for actually sending your Java system's data to SLD, and the second, CIM Client Generating Settings, is for various Java apps (like web dynpro) to be able to use SLD data themselves.

You'll need a user and password on the SLD for the configuration. It can be the same user for both, if it has enough privileges, or it can be two separate users. The standard user for the HTTP Settings is SLD_DS_<SID>, and for the CIM Client it's SLD_CL_<SID> (with <SID> being the SID of your SLD, not your SolMan). In older editions of SLD it was typically SLDDSUSER.

Regards,

Matt

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.

What its really hard for me to understand is why this errors are happening, since this was supposedly a "working" environment, but well...

I noticed that even though java stack was created on LMDB it was empty, it has never been synced, maybe it was manually created, i just forced a resync from SLD and now i was able to complete "Set Up Solution Manager System in LMDB", i was also able to finally assign it an IT Admin. role.

Thank you so much for the help!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome! I find managing Solution Manager -- the tool that is supposed to be helping us, the Basis admin -- to be one of the most complex tasks in our entire SAP environment.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martim

First apply Last central note from SNOTE to minimize errors On solman_setup. Then assign java stack to solman abap stack in Lmdb.

Regards

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi José Luis,

Thanks for your response.

I already applied both Basic Functions and Recommended Corrections notes for Solution Manager SP Stack 12.

The thing is that a Java Stack (with extended SID) is already assigned to the ABAP stack, as the Java Part of Dual-Stack.

Forgot to mention that SLD Data Supplier of this environment its not itself, it is another system which i suspect its a PI.

This is my first time with this configurations so i am a bit like a fish out of the water.

Regards.