cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed central instance before database instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have accidentally removed central instance on distributed ABAP + JAVA system, before actually removing database instance. How can I proceed further with system removal. I need to remove the system in order to make a system copy from the production system. (Making a test system for upgrade test procedure).

Bets Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your OS and DB ?

As you will install a system using system copy on this host, what is the problem ?

Since, you have already removed the instance part, use uninstaller program of the database to remove the DB.

And a lot depends on the OS and DB as well.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB is Oracle and OS is HP-UX.

Point is that I would like just to remove DB shema from the database, and not to remove whole database software because there are other database instances on this host for other SAP systems.

Best Regards,

Jaroslav

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In order to do a system copy you do not need to delete the database software.

All you need to do is drop the database or just shutdown the database and delete all the datafiles located under /oracle<SID>/sapdata* file systems.

Also there is no need to uninstall the SAP installation if you are going to maintain the existing SID of the test system and only doing a DB restore from the production system.

Regards

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaroslav,

while removing the CI , it ask do you want remove the DB part of it ,so while giving the input to GUI ,did you tick mark this option or not?

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i didn't and now I have this problem... Is there any way I can remove this DB part? From the sapinst GUI? Or I will have to do it manually?

Also if manual removal is my only option, is it safe to do it from sql, because on that same host there are also lot of other databases from other dev systems. I just want to remove the one...

It is Solution Manager dev. system (one that I want to remove), based on NW 701 dual stack.

Best Regards,

Jaroslav

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please install the the CI on present DB, once it got installed you can uninstalled using sapinst.

BR

Atul