cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location not getting updated in the STR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When the user is doing a BOP run the STR ( Purchase Requisition ) that is getting created is not having Storage location inspite of the Storage location being populated in the Sales Order .

The client is not ready to maintain the Storage location in the material master .

The requirement is the client will maintain the storage location in the sales order . In some cases in the STR the storage location is getting populated but in some cases where they are doing a re bop the storage location is not getting populated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doyel,

BOP by itself does not typically create STRs; in general only 'planning' activities create STRs (BOP is not part of planning, it is GATP).  Right now I am assuming this is MTS scenario, please confirm.  Can you please elaborate exactly the sequence of steps that you are performing that creates your STRs, and the logic by which you believe StLocn in a Sales Order should somehow be replicated in an STR?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply . You are right this is GATP . When we are doing a BOP the system will recreate a STR . Ideally what I know if the Sloc is updated in Sales Order the same should be updated in the STR . But this is not happening .

When will do a BOP (in APO ) or a ATP of the SO from ECC the STR which is getting created is not having SLoc even though the Sales Order is having the same .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doyel,

I can't help you, because you have not explained to me the method by which your system is set up such that

When we are doing a BOP the system will recreate a STR .

Are you using MATP?  or CTP?  Or RBA?  Or....?  These are the typical methods by which a supply element will be created during BOP.  Please elaborate.....

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doyel,

You mean to say BOP is re creating STR for the open sales order requirement.

or when you run BOP for STRs Storage location is missing..

If its 2nd one then check with ABAPer in what table it is happening or bapi or any program is missing the SL value..

Thanks,

Bala.

Answers (0)