cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing and printing requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a unique pricing and invoicing requirement. We price the customer as a 'set' - e.g. $100 for one set to a customer that will include and agreed set price for 1 big box with 5 small boxes. The price of the such set would be based on 1+5 (varies customer by customer depending on it's composition). If the customer wants 6 small boxes then we price it as $5/extra box. - so a 'set' of 1 big and 6 small would be 100 + 5 (1 extra small box) = 105. This can be achieved by scales in pricing  for the small box (1st 5 are free and every thereafter, $5/box).

However, Business wants to print on the invoice as :

Material      Quantity      Price      Value

Set                                                   100

Small box      1                  5                 5

Total                                                   105

In the order set up, we have big box = 1, small box = 6 so that is what prints on the invoice. so the requirements is really to negotiated print the price of the set plus the incremental items only...

Can anyone please give me any idea  how to achieve this? Or even any better way of pricing it that makes printing on the invoice simpler rather than looping into the condition records to find that 'extra' quantity of 1 to print it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

In the example you have given, if the set has 5 small boxes and its price is $100...each small box costs $20 each to customer. The same small box (out of set) is priced at $5 each. If the customer orders for 9 small boxes, the total price will be $120 ($100 for one set and $20 for 4 small boxes). Please correct me, if my understanding is not correct.

Could you please tell how the order entry is made if the order quantity is say 6 small boxes.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The price of 100 is for 1 set which included 1 BIG box and 5 small ones. There really is no hard and fast rule. For another customer it may be 150 for 2 BIG and 3 small, yet another one 150 for 2 BIG and 5 small etc ...combinations are in hundreds...

The order comes from our CRM system into the ECC - in CRM  we have contracts by customer that tell what a package is (line items) and the amount at the header level...when confirming, the service order, the quantities are changed to the actual quantities shipped. ECC just accepts as it comes and invoicing takes place from ECC.

Thank you for the note.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

If the order is flowing from CRM then you can enhance that interface so that while creating the order  the input will be in such a way that  ECC  will create the order for set where in higher level item will be set and child will be small box. The child item will  be free of charge (item category TANN). For extra items new line item will be created and that will be charged.

I assume that either IDoc or BAPI is used for creation of sales order. For both methods it is possible to enhance.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Atul

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the clarification. As you have different kinds of sets (combination of big and small boxes) and also the small boxes will be sold independent of sets, as an example, could you please tell how the line items in the sales order will be for the below order items...

1. One set of $150 (2 big and 5 small boxes)

2. One set of $100 (1 big and 5 small boxes)

3. Small boxes - 3

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The main line on the order represents whatever has been agreed upon with that particular sold to as a 'set' the additional lines are for the smaller boxes. However, our system is such that we are not able to separate out the 'in set' free boxes from the 'charged' boxes...so we are scaling the price. E.g. a customer gets a set of 1 big and 2 small boxes in a set for 100 dollars. . Now, we need to charge for only 2 small ones @ 10/box. So on the order we have a quantity - line 1 says - package )a material on it's own) = $100. The second line says small boxes - 4 - however the price of this material is set at scaled - first 2 are free, the subsequent ones at $10/each. - Thus, the 2nd line is charged at 2*10 = 20 dollars with the total order being 120. And 120 is correct.

The problem comes when we print the invoice which obviously prints as 1 Package @ 100 and 2nd line 4 small boxes at $20. But in reality we are charging only for 2 small ones because 2 out of these 4 are free...and the problem is we need to show 2 small boxes on the invoice., not 4..

I know it is very funky but it's the way it is designed. So I am looking for thoughts on how to print this 4

1. of course one way is to get into the scale of the condition record, subtract the till '0' price quantity from the VBRP-FKLMG - and print that) - very ugly way of doing it. and the invoice won't show the same as on the print

2. a better way of pricing it automatically...we can't do manual, volume is too high.

Hope I am making some sense

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I like this idea...how do we do the calculation however, if you read my response to Ravi below, you'll see what the exact process and constraints are...however if we can do it in the BAPI then that's is great, I just think we may be able to price it in a more appropriate way? I cna't think how though...

thanks

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

I am sure CRM must be providing the information of the set component. Based on this you can control the item details. Now the question is how?  The answer depends on your current design. for example if you may control this in PI if you are using it or you can develop your own function module which will derive the line item details and then pass it  to bapi. for order creations.

With this your price maintenance will be simplified.

However you need to change your output per your business requirement.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atul

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Before going to the solution could you please elaborate how do you maintain materials for these big and small boxes? Both of these have different materials? Which unit of measure for both? Why don't you use Sales BOM if big box and small box are linked with eatch other?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Thank you for your reply. The reason we are unable to use the sales BOMs are that this relationship between the main and the 'child' materials is not fixed in the transaction i.e. we may have a set of 1 + 5 for the customer but actually may supply 1 + 6 and then the extra 1 has to be priced at the scale price. Also, every customer has a different combination - one may have 1 + 5, another 1 + 5 + 2 (an even smaller box) etc.The problem really in the current situation is not the pricing itself but how to show only those that we are charging for...even with the BOMs we will face the same issue, isn't it? Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not that I understood all. May be you can provide more details here so that contributors can help well.

If orders are created manually and volume is low then you can use item category tann for first 5 small boxes. Header item can include the price of both small (free) and set. For chargeable items new line items can be created for which you can determine the price as per your business requirement. In the output you can then ignore the free of charge items.

However if you have the situation where you don't have the fixed SKU s then implementation of Variant configuration is highly recommended. Any chance you have explored this option?

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

The volume is high, very high actually...manual option won't help. No, I have not explored variant configuration, it is a complete beast in itself, unfortunately for us, the decision not to print the complete quantities has been taken only recently and we don't have much time to do that either. I was thinking of reading the scales and adjusting the quantity from the sales order to print only the 'over and above' quantity, that change to be made in the smart form, obviously it is not ideal as the invoice won't reflect the actual sales order.

Even if we were to use VC, how would that work here? Please give me ideas?

Thanks for your time.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the orders created manually  or is there any interface or upload program?

How the sets are sourced?  Are you using MTO scenario?

Yes I agree using VC will be  altogether new implementation.  However this will open lot of options for deriving the solution in such scenarios.

You can refer the below link for technical know how

Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Atul

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a suggestion. You can try this but I am not shure that whether it will meet your requirement completelety or not.

Use sales BOM. If you have to add some new sub item add a normal line item and give higher level item line item number in new material. It will make this line a part of BOM in sale order. I think you can doo this for multi level BOM as well.

For pricing maintain prices with item category in condition table. For main item and for sub item you can maintain different prices. See if this helps.

Thank$