Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption on the File attachement of the receiver Email

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to implement the scenario IDoc --> Email (IDoc xml file as attachment). But that file has to be encrypted before sending through Email as an attachment. I have checked   by and YES we can use PGP at Receiver Mail adapter.

But my question would be whether this procedure will encrypt the IDoc XML file also or only the email body? I am not sure about this part. I have also checked the below discussion:

If you anyone has any detailed knowledge or information, please share.

Regards,

Nabendu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I doubt it will encrypt the attachment

IMO, either u split ur req in two different flows - first create one encrypted file and secondly send it as a attachment using mail adapter

Or u can try with one flow only where u can use payloadswap bean in the module of receiver mail adapter and then encrypt the attachment (which will become as ur main document) using PGP module, once done again swap the main document (attachment )with the encrypted file (main document).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, I appreciate your help. Second option which you mentioned, I wanted to know more about it.

Do you think after encryption PI would not raise any issue when transforming the payload to attachment or if any risk associated to it?

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't see any reason why it will not work. I think u can give a shot.

Just make sure that u are placing modules in correct sequence.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two solutions to this.

1. Normal Idoc-->XML. Just add the PGP module in there and select keep attachments in the rec mail adapter. You will get a blank email with the XML file attached and encrypted. I assume you have no mapping, so the attachment file name would be hardcoded always.
  2. Use mail package and you can achieve whatever you want to. However, you will have to do the PGP encryption in mapping. Mail package is depricated though.

Regards

Varun