cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change ARFC2 Model RFC Destination at runtime

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am upgrading Web dynpro JAVA applciations from EP7.0 to EP7.31. I have a application which will connects at same time two ECC systems based on applciation platforms. With JCo destinations its working perfectly. now I have reimported Model and migrated to ARFC2 model and replaced Jco destinations with RFC destinations. I am passing same way the application parameters, But its not wsitching backend system.

Application URL:

https://host:port/webdynpro/resources/com.jnj.mercury/webuarinternalsarf/WebUarInternalSerApp?sap-wd...-

useSys=WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DEST:RDV&sap-wd-arfc-useSys=WD_ECC_RFC_METADATA_DEST:RDV

I am following below help link and restarted my portal system also no luck.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/23225735285791e10000000a15822b/frameset.htm

• sap-wd-arfc-useSys
    • You use the parameter to map an existing logical system name to another logical system name. You can use this mapping function with a single Adaptive RFC Model to access different backend systems using a single JEE installation. This mapping is valid for the current application instance only.

•   Note that mapping definitions can only be changed when WD application is not in running mode.

Regards,

Lakshmi Narayana Kodavati.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for replying to my thread.

The solution is SAP ARFC2 model has two constructors.

Example: My Model Name EccModel

1. EccModel model = new EccModel()

Model constructor with out parameters it will be old system model instantication.

If you want to switch backed system you have to pass two parameters.

1. System Name 2. System Clinet.

model instatiation like below.

EccModel model = new EccModel(SysetmName, SystemClient);

you can pass these paramentes values from application parameters of you Iview or application properties custom paramentes in Web Dynpro application.

You have to create RFC destination under NWA-->Configuration-->Destinations.

Example Destinations.

ECC_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST

ECC_RFC_METADATA_DEST

NEW RFC destainations like below to switch backend system.

SysName = <<<3 letter word>>>

Sysclinet = <<<3 letter clint number>>>

ECC1

SysName = RDV

SysClinet = 120

ECC_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST_RDV120

ECC_RFC_METADATA_DEST_RDV120

ECC2

SysName = SVN

SysClinet = 100

ECC_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST_SVN100

ECC_RFC_METADATA_DEST_SVN100

p-wd-arfc-useSys this parameter available in EP7.3 for supporting ARFC model, it wont work for ARFC2 model.

Regards,

Lakshmi NArayana Kodavati

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narayana,

I want to do the same.

I have parameterized constructor in my model but it doesnt get build saying unknown symbol  -->

[javac] ERROR: C:\APPS\NWDS_7.4\eclipse\workspace.jdi\0\t\6A601B8FA5817E2E35F0563525D22185\gen_wdp\packages\de\mgi\np\bmde\model\comp\CIMModelComp.java:191: cannot find symbol

[javac] ERROR: symbol  : constructor CIMDataModel(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)

[javac] ERROR: location: class de.mgi.portaldev.bmde.model.CIMDataModel

[javac] ERROR:  model = new CIMDataModel(backendSystemId, backendSystemClient);

[javac] ERROR:          ^

[javac] WARNING: Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

-----------------------------------

my SCN thread -->

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you get stuck, I have provided a solution in the following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3582791

Hope it helps,

D.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I found one SAP Note:1920259 - ARFC2: Connecting to multiple backends.

It recommended to download SCA file for NWDS, let me know how to import or deploy this SCA file on Developer infrastructure.

SCA

NWCEIDE10P_8-10009598.SCA

Patch for NWDS UPDATE SITE CONTENT 7.31 SP10

Info

Regards,

Lakshminarayana Kodavati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

Have your SAP Basis team download the .sca file and port it to the "/usr/sap/<SID>trans/CMS/inbox "trans folder in the NWDI system to the related track and then you can see that .sca file in check-in tab from NWDI (http://host:port/devinf --> Change Management Service) and as basis will have admin rights they can check-in and import to the development and you can re-import your track to get the latest component to your NWDS.

Let me know how it goes and mark it as helpful if it resolves the requirement