cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter module not executing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have an integration process with a File to SFTP scenario in which we send a ZIP file. This ZIP file will contain PDF files and we want to add them a digital signature. In order to achieve this, we have developed a Java Adapter Module. The module is correctly deployed in PI.

The problem has come when we want to apply this module to the sender channel. In the module tab of this connection channel we have this configuration:

With this configuration, we don’t find any error, log or trace about our module in the Communication Channel Monitoring audit log. In fact, it only shows a trace about CallSapAdapter module.

We have tested if with any other SAP module is executed: for example PayloadZIPBean and we get the same result.

Another testing we have made is to delete all the adapters in the Module tab of the channel but we get the same result. It seems that the file sender channel is not taking into account our module configuration.

The ZIP file is transferred to the SFTP server without problem, but obviously without changes.

Do you have any idea about what it’s happening? We have forgotten any step?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Urtzi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Urtzi,

Please use this idea. In the Java code write a try catch statement where you are reading the file or any other process. In that knowingly do a mistake so that the adapter modules fail.

For example- if you have any properties or props file from which you are reading the FTP information just do not pass the properties file once and give a custom message like "CAN'T READ".

When your adapter modules fails it will show you results in in the message processing log.

----- Regarding successful execution of the adapter module---------

As per SAP Note – 1982452 and 1314974, you can find logs my making few changes.

At DB level the log entries are stored in table BC_MSG_AUDIT. ( Access DB Level -> Schema-> table).

But this is very important to note, the log entries are displayed in RWB/Message Monitoring and stored only for unsuccessful messages. From PI 7.1x and onwards it doesn’t show log entries for successful messages. That is why, when we get error in Adapter Modules it shows “Error messages in monitoring steps” when Adapter Module fails. But when adapter module executes successfully it just shows Adapter Module being executed in the Monitoring, (which in itself is a proof of successful execution).

In case you all require the logs you can set the parameter messaging.auditLog.memoryCache, in com.sap.aii.af.ms.svc (NWA java components) from true to false. But please refer the SAP Notes, it affects the SAP PO system performance adversely. I guess this information should be enough to show successful execution of Adapter Module.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not tried it but please try staging and logging option in Advance Tab of your ICO. Please choose staging and before mapping and after mapping step as STORE. then you should see atlest the message processing before mapping and after mapping

-------------------------------------------------------------

if you adapter module fails it does show the calling step of adapter module and reason it failed. But for successful processing the notes apply as above.

Regards,

Vikas Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for the idea, but we have checked BC_MSG_AUDIT but we only see there the successful logs. The process continues without problems and we don't get any traces about our module.

Regards

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So urtzi,

This is what it says my reply- that logs are shown only for unsuccessful messages. If you really want to see if your module is working/getting called or not do a mistake knowingly at the module level... Some input which is expected in the code give it wrong and you will be able to see the steo where adapter module is called.

also see whether module is started or not. If it is started then you shouldn't have problem

go to Java Applicaitons Tab and search for your module. It must be started. If it is stopped try starting it. 

For your case I am sure it is in started mode.

I do not think

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vikas,

Looking in Java Applications Tab we saw our module was stopped. After a Java version change from Java 6 to Java 5, we deployed it again and we have it started now.

However, the module continues being ignored by the communication channel. In fact, no logs found about it in audit log.

I don't know if this performance could be related with cache problems because all the changes we are making in the directory are not taking place.

Regards,

Urtzi

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Urtzi,

I must tell you again. you will not be able to see it in the logs if it is successful.

And I am afraid to say this but why the image you have provided here doesn't contain FimaDigitialPDF?

There must also be that FimaDigitalPDF (JNDI) name in started mode. Can you check for that?

And please see at the receiver side if any way is there to see if your files are digitally signed when they are received? Because we do not get the logs for successful adapter module calls.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

the problem is solved and as I expected now we get info and error messages in the audit log of the communication channel. It was caused by some problems with the PI/XI exchange profile. After restoring a previous backup we get now again a normal performance of the module processor.

By the way, in the Java Application tab the name displayed is the EAR project name. In our case, this project name is UserModule_EAR.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Regards.

Urtzi.

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Urtzi,

Happy to see you shared the solution with all of us. Happy to share what I know.

Do let me know if you time that Module Processor is working But is the module giving successful result ie. doing successfully what it is supposed to do.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Urtzi,

Please cross check your module name (FirmaDigitalPDF) is exactly same with JNDI name , what you have given while creating module.

Thanks

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HariKumar,

the JDNI name is correct.

So it must be another issue...

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you have not deployed the module in the right folder. I believe it is "localejbs". Please check the deployed folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N J,

Thank you for your idea, but I've checked the folder where the module is deployed and as you believe, it is under "localejbs".