cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF'ed materials and DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I verify the number os materials CIf'ed over to APO from ECC? The CIF model in ECC gives me a number of models based on the selection criteria my model. However when I check table /SAPAPO/V_MATLOC in SCM the number there is different( significantly less)? I am assuming the numbe the of mateirilas indicated in the CIF model job log should be the same I see in the table? Any comments?

Thanks,

Sarita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

You are comparing two different things.

You maybe have more than one iModel for your materials. Then even when you go to CFM2 to see how many entried are included in the imodel that would not match what you see in /SAPAPO/V_MATLOC.

Also, note that in /SAPAPO/V_MATLOC you have all the materials that you have transfered, but in the iModel you only have those materials that are beeing included at this moment in the iModel (anyway, I agree that you should have more entries in /SAPAPO/V_MATLOC than in the iModel).

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue is I have less materials in /SAPAPO/V_MATLOC than the number I see in teh CIF model. I ahve one model for plant s and one for materials. SO should'nt the nubmer of materials in teh CIF model match what I see in the MATLCO table? I onyl concnerend about materials sinc ethat is teh only master data we Cif over.

There are no Outbound ( in ECC) and Inbound ( in SCM) que errors. So why should there be less materials in MATLOC?

~Sarita

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

Check if you have filtered your iModel of materials by plant.

Imagine that in your MARC table you have the following entries:

MATNR    WERKS

A               0001

A               0002

A               0003

B               0001

B               0002    

C               0003

Suppose that in APO you only have location 0001. If you don't filter your imodel of materials by plant 0001, then the iModel will collect 6 entries (when only 2 could be transferred to APO: A 0001 and B 0001)

I am saying maybe because I am thinking and I have not tested. Check if this can be the reason.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarita,

Under any circumstances, if you suspect that some materials contained in the activated integration model don't exist in APO, try running program RIMODINI against your MM IM model in ECC.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

RIMODINI did the trick for me ! I now see the same number of materials in CFM2 (ECC) vs Table V_MATLOC in SCM. Thanks for all your help!

Also, some more clarificaton,

- I have RIMODGEN and RIMOAC2 ( create and activate) scheduled to run on a daily basis to pick up the master data( as I previously mentioned only plants and materials at this time). Do I have to schedule RIMODINI as well? or this is a onetime run?

- Are there any std reports in SCM that gives me the MATLOC table data? This is for the user benefit. SAPAPO/MAT1 does not allow  a range..

Thanks,

Sarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarita,

Do I have to schedule RIMODINI as well? or this is a onetime run?

As with most such questions, "it depends....". In most implementations, depending upon how your models are constructed, it is unnecessary to run RIMODINI regularly against Material Integration models.  That being said, it implies that all your users do everything they are supposed to do; that none of your users are doing anything they shouldn't be doing, and any enhancements are fully debugged and working flawlessly.  Since this goal is seldom achieved in real life, you may want to run RIMODINI occasionally (weekly?  monthly?) against Materials.

Are there any std reports in SCM that gives me the MATLOC table data?

I am not aware of any such reports.  For a new system I would create a simple query (SQ02/SQ01) joining /SAPAPO/MATLOC with /SAPAPO/MATKEY (join on MATID) and with /SAPAPO/LOC (join on LOCID).  This will give you rudimentary listings, which I have found to be adequate for 90% of APO Product Master reporting.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk for your prompt and helpful response !

~Sarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

In CFM2 if you click detail you will have the SKUs that were send on APO side. In APO you can check in se16, table /SAPAPO/MATLOC (the ID of location/product is necessary).

Thanks, Marius