how to explain the business requirement of a file to rfc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How do i explain the business requirement of

1. FILE TO IDOC.

2. FILE TO RFC.

3. FILE TO JDBC scenarios?

Cud anybody explain me how to explain the requirement of these scenarios in an interview?Cud u pls send me the example for these and the systems involved and the documents involved...helpful answers will be rewarded...

cheers

Jay.

my mail : jkcxi@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

the decision of scenario depends on two major factors one is the system landscape and service requirement i.e QOS .

If the sending system is sending data thru file which may be csv/xml/else the data is to be read by file adaptor so it becomes sender and then depending upon the receiving system whether u are goin for IDoc or RFC it becomes File to Idoc / other

Its basically implementation dependent

Reagrds,

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

The anwer for this is , it depends on the landscape and scope defined.

Requirement of an Integration Scenario thru XI is purely depend on the decision taken to go with XI/PI..

Once the decision is made, Scope is defined in terms of how many systems are there to integrate etc.. You need to understand the both souce and target systems how they handle data, what is the protocol, format, security concerns ,compatibility etc.. Based on this you can define the requirement saying that, form System A to System B it should be File to IDOC or any...

Understanding the both systems and requirement of scope will lead to identify the type of scenarios..

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1. FILE TO IDOC</b>.

When u have ur master data stored in a file thru a legacy system say in some xml format then u may need to have this scenario configured.

<b>2. FILE TO RFC.</b>

Consider pt1 but here for example consider delete scenario. when u have deleted the mater/transaction u may need to update another file...so in this case u will need to config this scenario...y we cannot use idoc is becoz sync scneario is not possible with idoc but yes with rfc

<b>3. FILE TO JDBC scenarios?</b>

u have some business data extracted from a file and before u update a r3 transaction u may need to refer a datbase table to read some data baed on keyfield...so u will take a jdbc response and based on that u may validate with the data for r3 updation.

the scenario keeps varying in real life and the above are very few examples of the kind of scenario that would exists in the business world