cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom theme Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a EP with some WebDynpro IViews and I wanna apply a new theme to a custom IView. Looking for how to customize Themes, I already create a new theme in Theme Editor, import that in EP and configure my custom IView with the sap-cssurl parameter and my application don't get the theme characteristics.

If I try to test my application alone (out of EP) with the sap-cssurl parameter, the theme is applyed fine but when I do that from EP, no theme's are loaded (default EP theme isn't load too).

Anyone can help-me? I must have a different theme to this application.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoel

Well then going by your scenario, you will have to use SAP-CSS as a url parameter in your webdynpro application.

But when you port the same webdynpro application as an iview in the portal it is not guaranteed that all the themes work as it is.

We seem to face some problem in SP11. The application specific theme works fine in SP10. But there are some problems when it comes to SP11.

BTW what version are you using. But i guess this is the only solution available to your specific scenario i.e create webdynpro themes separately and then use them in portal with the sap-cssurl parameter.

regards

Ravi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is a SP13 Theme Editor existing and where to download from?

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is a SP13 Theme Editor existing and where to download from?

Also me, I need it ....

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please always refer to SAP note 854870

for available downloads.

Regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to SAP note 854870 for available downloads.

Regards,

Timo

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m still having problems with the custom themes. I.e. I create a dropdown and the arrow doesn’t appear and my dropdown don’t works fine.

All this problems occurring after I had applied the SP11 in my EP. I’m using the Developer Studio to make these new themes in the SP11 version too.

I don’t understanding how the SAP has published a new release with a lot of bugs like that.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel

Check this note 779659 you may get some answers, even I faced the same problem with this.

I guess this is a bug.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

the Eclipse Theme Editor currently available in SDN can only be used together with the SP9 Themes package for Web Dynpro SP9.

An SP11 or SP12 Theme Editor and the corresponding SP11 and SP12 will be available on SDN soon.

In meantime you can download the SP11 Theme Editor and Themes from

http://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=8Z6FOZ0O8OU04KYDBLFFEA6EAUP3GGUF6RPRMC4LF4A3BVH...

and the SP12 Theme Editor and Themes from

http://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=1979MBH6BK6113CFUVAGAIS67J11E6DI8N5KOZ9UWARJ3RY...

These archive both contain an upgrade description of how to upgrade already created SP9 themes.

The recommended upgrade procedure is to first export all themes from the SP9 Theme Editor and import them into e.g. the SP11 Theme Editor residing inside a second Eclipse installation.

Regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo

You mean to say that the drop down box will not be a problem anymore.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

drop down box should work.

Regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to changing URL IView to use theme in other WebAS instance solved my problem.

The problem described of SP11 is true, it’s a bug? There's a patch or correction for this?

We have a problem too with NWDS SP11 importing RFC and we downloaded a new IDE with the correction.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoel

The problem is with the theme editor i guess. I dont think there is another version available. The theme that we created using the theme editor for Webdynpro works fine for SP10 but there are slight problems when it comes to SP11. Guess it should be fixed in SP12 :)...

BTW what is the problem you are facing with SP11.

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

If ur problem is giving each of ur WebDynpro iview a different theme u can do the following :

For each of ur WD application, retrieve the application Url,

append it with the parameter sap-cssurl with the required theme value.All this can be done in the onPlugDefault method of ur application and it works.

Then u can create a Urliview in EP, for each of ur WD application. Thus each Urliview will take up the theme specified in your WD application.This works.

I don't know much about EP,but i hope this will be helpful for you.

regards

Lisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already read this PDF (How to Define Web Dynpro Themes) but if I change the sap.theme.default property in Visual Administrator I will change all WebDynpro applications, right?

In my case, I have many WebDynpro applications published in my EP and I must that just two of ten applications to have different themes like that:

-

Portal

-

Application1

-

-Deployed Web Dynpro IView 1 (default theme)

-Deployed Web Dynpro IView 2 **(different theme)**

-Deployed Web Dynpro IView 3 (default theme)

-Deployed Web Dynpro IView 4 (default theme)

-Deployed Web Dynpro IView 5 **(different theme)**

-Deployed Web Dynpro IView 6 (default theme)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monoel

Here is the Link on applying custom Themes for webdynpro applications.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/unkown/how to define web dynpro themes.pdf

Hope this is useful.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoel

If you want your WebDynpro applications to have a different theme than your portal then go to Visual Admin and under Configuration Adapter > WebDynpro>sap.com-->tcwddispwda/default.properties.

In that file give the url of your CSS in the <b>sap.theme.default</b> property

Set the property of <b>sap.useWebDynproStyleSheet</b> as true. Restart your J2EE server and then deploy your component. Now try logging into the portal and see. That should give you the new theme applied for the WebDynpro application.

Let me know if you require more information.

regards

Ravi