cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo with OPC AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the OPC AE agent in PCo. It's easy to set up the Agent, give it a server (Matricon Simulation Server in my case) and add an agent instance. But when subscribing to an item the lookup functionality shows a "not implemented" message. So it seems I have to add the alarms manual. But what is the syntax for them? Is there any kind of documentation?

Regards,

Torsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Torsten,

PCo OPC A&E Source system can only connect to an OPC A&E Server. If Matrikon Simulation Server does not implement OPC A&E, you will receive the Not Implemented error when you try to browse for tags.  Kepware's KepServerEX has an Alarms and Events Plug-In which will let you create A&E tags for use with PCo using the Kepware Simulation Driver and the plugin.  You can download and install Kepware KepServerEX V5 after registering with the site, and the product will run fully functional for 2 hours at a time for testing.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

the user manual of the server states:

Alarms and Events Functionality

The MatrikonOPC Server for Simulation can be used to simulate simple events and send

notifications of these events to client applications. The events that can be generated fall into two

categories:

• Simulated Event

• Simulated Item Creation Event

Simulated Event

A Simulated Event is generated every time a write operation is performed on a Bucket Brigade

item of type string. An event notification containing the following attributes are sent to the client:

Time:                     The time that the event occurred.

Event Category      1 (set by the server).

Severity                  1 (which indicates a low severity).

Message                The string that is written to the Bucket Brigade item by the user.

MatrikonOPC Server for Simulation v1.5.0.0 User’s Manual 70

That should work, don't you think? PCo itself recognizes the server as A&E 1.10 compatible.

Regards, Torsten

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

I tested both PCo 2.304.2066.1134 and PCo 15.0.1 (in Ramp Up) with Kepware and Matrikon OPC. I was not able to browse any tags in the MatrikonOPC Simulation Server from the A&E source, and got the Not Implemented Error as well.   On page 72 of the User Manual it lists the A&E Event Types supported. Kepware only supports Condition-Based Events, and was able to browse the ones I created, but only Simple Events are supported in MatrikonOPC.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you very much.

Answers (0)