cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMT MAPPING FLEX MODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please explain ,do we use SMT Mapping for flex mode? If no then why it is not used?s,

Regards,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

as far as I understand the concept the SMT mapping is not needed in flex mode. It is used for the mapping between staging and primary persistence. Eg. for the standard entities of model BP the SMT mapping is called in the handler class in if_mdg_bs_bp_access_handler~map_data_2api and if_mdg_bs_bp_access_handler~map_data_2sta.

In flex mode both productive and staging data is stored in the same tables which are generated based on the data model. It is differenciated by the active flag. As the data is stored in the same tables no mapping is needed.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you so much for your help for clear explanation of the concept.

Regards,

Swati

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

SMT mapping is a tool provided by SAP to map data between structures. It is not related specifically to SAP MDG. Actually SMT itself has no idea about a "Flex Mode" at all.

The predefined content for SAP MDG makes use of SMT in various places, e.g. the one mentioned by Markus. A different use case is in MDG-F where SMT is used to map the data from the MDG structures (Flex Mode!) into the related IDocs or SOA messages.

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

Can you please give one example? Normally if we add a new field in data model, you do the SMT mapping to replicate it in other system? By this, you add this field in IDOC or SOA. Is this assumption correct? Please clarify.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

As per my understanding Micheal says for MDG-F when we add particular field in Data Model it is stored in MDG (Staging) structure and it is used for SMT with respective Idoc segment field or in SOA.

Micheal: Please comment.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct. MDG-F uses SMT mapping to map its active data (that is stored in the generated MDG tables) into the related IDoc or SOA format. Of course this happens only during data replication and if you replicate using IDoc or SOA messages. The structures for inactive and active data are the same in MDG-F (Flex Mode!) so that SMT mapping is not needed in that case. That's different to MDG-C or MDG-S (Re-use Mode!) since the in that areas the active data structures (e.g. tables BUT000, KNA1, LFA1, etc.) differ from the inactive ones (MDG generated tables for data model BP).

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

I am have extended one field in cost center , but when I am trying to do SMT mapping it is not showing in target structures due to which replication is not happening properly. Kindly help.

Regards,

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

You need to look for respective Idoc segment field. Is it apperas their? You can check in WE02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

We use SOA.

Regards,

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

SXMB_MONI (available until SAP Basis 7.32) to display outbound services (on the MDG hub). You can use backend transaction and SRT_MONI (available in SAP Basis 7.40 and newer) to display inbound services (on the MDG client). You can use the monitor for detailed troubleshooting. In the forward error handling, you can post-process services, using backend transaction /SAPPO/PPO2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Me too facing the same issue of not getting the fields in Target Structure in SMT Mapping.

Could you kindly suggest any solution?

Thanks,

Jyothi