cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRS and There are no entry for MSSQL server

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm relatively new to Replications services, prior to this i've done ETL only with scripting and BODS, this time we have to use this tool, which i think is not so popular for some reason.

I've got one question regarding source db. In what way do i need to define these if i receive this error message.

Also, this time i have to transfer data from SQL to SAP IQ, but also i have to do the same with Oracle DB, so in the second scenario i have to create another replication server and point it to Ora DB?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_duecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

here are some information :
1) If you want to replicate from MS SQL Server you need to configure the Replication Agent for MS SQL , that comes with the heterogeneous edition of Replication Server but you can also get it as Replication Server Option for MS SQL.
The Replication Agent for MS SQL is a seperate process that runs on Windows. There is a quick starting guide that explains the steps how to set it up.

The error message occurs because you are using the rs_init utility and the "add new database" option does work only for SAP ASE as a source database and for MS SQL as source you have to define the new connection manually in the SRS.

2) If you need to replicate also from an Oracle instance , then you do not need another Replication Server, but you need here the specific Replication Agent for Oracle. ( Replication Server Option for Oracle.

3) If SAP  IQ is the target you need also the license key for the Real Time Load ( RTL ) Option.

Hope that  helps,

Thomas .