cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Quality Certificate for Procurement

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have enabled quality certificate in sap for procurement.

Now the scenario is about partial GR of same batch.

Created PO..Received COA...Created QM Certificate using QC51 (status 2 Certificate Received).

GR done for partial Qty for batch-A using MIGO. Quantity moved to Unrestricted Stock.

Later again a partial GR of same batch is done. Based on above configuration settings, the system is looking for new certificate and will create a new certificate with status 1.Certificate expected and the quantity will move to Block stock. Here is the problem.

From user's side, for this batch a cerificate is already received.!!!!!

Please advise.

Regards

Shiju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used some customer exits for this purpose.

EXIT_SAPMM07M_010
– to make vendor batch mandatory

EXIT_SAPLQBCK_003
: to move stock to block/unrestricted

So at migo when the vendor batch is entered. The exit will be triggered and look for certificates with status 2. If it finds any, then the stock will move to unrestricted. Otherwise it will move to block.

Regards

Shiju

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried clicking off the indicator "Certif. per GR item?"
And leaving on the "Certif. per PO item".

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I tried with 'Certificate per PO item'. With this option the problem is even if you get different COA for different batches for same PO, we cannot record it.

System will just record the COA once.

Regards

Shiju

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If same batch with partial GR's for same material & PO,why can't we try with control inspection lot option in inspection type level setting, System will generate one inspection lot for all partial GR's, So will Created QM Certificate using QC51 one time

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right from the Inspection lot point of view. But even in that case a new certificate will be created.

We have both scenarios,some materials will undergo Inspection after GR and others not. But for all materials Certificate check is compulsory.

Regards

Shiju

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following your given settings, system won't post the quantity into Block stock for the same Vendor Batch. I tested this in my system and I couldn't get a qty into Block for partial GR's.

And, I got both the certificates with Status 2 i.e Certificate received.

There is something else !

You need to share what other settings are maintained into your system .

ntn

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Apart from the certificate type settings, what other settings we have in SAP for controlling this!!!

What I think is as long as 'Certificate per GR item' is enabled..system will create new certificate.

Regards

Shiju

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct!

OK what are you entering into 'Purchase Order data' while making the partial GR? (After first GR).

If it is No, then you get the Status 1. Try with Yes and you'll get the Status 2 i.e Certificate Received.

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When  you say the "same batch" do you mean the same "vendor batch" or the same SAP batch number?

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Yea..same batch means same vendor batch. Also we are writing logic to have same internal SAP batch for the same vendor batch!!

Regards

Shiju

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think if you do the logic to receive it in under the same internal SAP batch, you won't even get the inspection lot if you have the inspection lot control set up right.  In that case the cert won't matter since their is no UD being blocked.

Craig

0 Kudos

But with this setting, a inspection lot would be generated atleast for the first GR for that batch. right?

Even in that case we cannot stop creating certificates whether or not the stock is moving to quality or unrestricted..

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If in the Q-info record you click on "Source insp.-No GR" then if you pass the source inspection, no inspection lot is created at when you do the actual goods receipt.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I am not maintaining Source Inspection for this material. It requires only COA check and no Quality inspection.

Regards

Shiju

0 Kudos

Hi Shiju,

In QCPR table certificate Number is the only key field. So every time partial GR is done a new entry gets created in QCPR table with status as 1.

I would suggest to get in touch with ABAP team to build below logic.

At the time of GR, before QCPR table gets updated, check for the combination of Purchase order and Item number what is the status (QCPR-STATUS).

Update the same status on the future partial GR's.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

I gave the same logic to ABAPer. But I was interested to know if there is any standard things available for the same. Like inspection lot creation as per batch received!!!!!

I suppose SAP do not give clarity for the scenario.

Secondly, even if the status gets updated based on last certificate, the goods movement also needs to be taken care of..Am I right?

Also would like to know if any exits are there to include the logic.

Regards

Shiju

0 Kudos

Hi Shiju,

I am not aware of the standard SAP solution in place for this.

We had similar requirement in one of my project. I had used the logic explained above with the help of ABAP team.

I am trying to get the input from ABAP team. Will let you know once i get the same.

Regards

Sudheendra

0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

Did you get any input from the ABAP team on this. I basically would like to know where exactly the program is called to create the new certificate.

Regards

Shiju

0 Kudos

Hi Shiju,

We had written the logic in EXIT_SAPLQPL1_001 and include LCPSEFAZ.

You can check with technical team.

Regards

Sudheendra

0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

My ABAPer also found some userexit, Will check with them if they are using the same Exit. Thanks.

Regards

Shiju

0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

The exit you mentioned is for Predefine Selection Parameters for Task List Selection from Inspection Lot. Its not getting triggered in my case.

Regards

Shiju