Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCOTERM field to be made mandatory in "Manage Vendor Data " screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running on SRM 5.0(SP6).

The requirement is as follows:

After the external vendors are transferred from Supplier directory to EBP,In the transaction MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER when we convert them to vendors/Portal bidder,under the VENDOR DATA tab,there is a field for "Incoterm".

We need to make this field mandatory in the above transaction(When enhancing the BP with the role VENDOR).

I didnt find any BADI through which i can make the field in the "Manage Vendor Data " screen mandatory.

Also i tried to do the settings under SPRO>Cross-application components>SAP Business Partner>Business Partner>Basic Settings-->Field Groupings to make the field for INCOTERM mandatory but no success!!!

Any help will be appreciated.

BR,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Incase the BADI does not help, you need to go for standard code modification only.

Let me try it out with some different alternatives as well.

Regards

- Atul

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Look at BADI BUPA_FURTHER_CHECKS,it may be helpful.

The BAdI BUPA_FURTHER_CHECKS allows you to carry out checks (including user-defined checks) before saving a business partner.

Standard settings

The BAdI is:

Not filter-dependent

No standard implementation

Reusable

See also

Method

Check of Central Part (CHECK_CENTRAL)

Functionality

All the business partner data, which is known to the calling BAPI, is transferred in the implementing method.

The implementer of the BAdI can prevent the business partner being saved, by issuing an error message in the output table ET_RETURN. It is not possible to change data.

Regards,Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant/Atul,

Thanks for your reply.I fear the BADI mentioned cannot be used for my reqt.There is no field for INCOTERM.

As Atul suggested ,may be i will have to modify the Std code for this.

RAMKI:Waiting for your suggestions.

BR,

Disha.