cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRAC10 "Role not update; role does not meet the selected updated criteria".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have maintained other attributes of the role in the SAP GRC AC 10 (SP14) system. However,Unable to do mass role update for role owner. While doing mass role update, the status is Error for all roles and the reason statement is "Role not update; role does not meet the selected updated criteria". Not able to interepret this reason description exactly. Any suggestion or comment would be of great help.

Thanks,

kjoshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash

Can you please provide the steps of what you are doing prior to this error (from selection screen through to error)

Also, for the replacement values, has the new role owner been configured as GRC SU01 account and set up as Access Control Owner?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collen,

The replacement owner has been exactly maintained as old owner. The steps by step flow has been attached.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please send me screen shot of AC Owner role owner section.

you might have maintained role owner , below access control owner  link can you verify you have maintained inn role owner section as well.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

Try using Action: UPDATE instead of add, for the role owners.

As you are trying to replace the old owners with the new ones so you must opt UPDATE.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet, You are correct, however, I am using action UPDATE, instead of add. I have both task addition of role owner to new roles as well as update of roles for the role owner. In both the cases, if I do manually I am able to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

Kindly confirm two things:

1) if you are trying to ADD the role owners to the existing roles, then could you confirm that how did you get all these roles..?

If you create a role from BRM, then unless and until you specify the owners and approvers you can't proceed to the next stages but if you are seeing the roles by running the sync jobs then you must import all these roles and there you can mention the owners and approvers.

2) If you are trying to UPDATE the role owners (old) with the new ones, then no matter whether you had created all these roles from BRM or you got these roles imported, you shouldn't be having any issues with Role-Mass update for the role-attributes (owner, in your case).

Though, we have had some bugs in updating the role owners but these have been rectified with the NOTES, as mentioned above.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

1) We have imported the roles using Role import from the files, We have definitely add the role owner as Assignment approver and Role content approver. After role import successful the role owner added however they have not checked mark as  a Assignment approver and as a Role content approver. plz see the screen.

2) I am trying to UPDATE of the roles in mass to update the role owner, however I am getting the same error.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, do 1 thing go to same file and in assignment approver field and role content approver feild maintain Y and re import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

You must confirm the check boxes for role assignment approver and role content approver.

Now, you are trying to update the owners which are maintained but not defined as kind of owners/approvers.

Kindly do this and let us know if you still face the issue. I'm sure it will be resolved now.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am now able to update the mass roles with role owner. However, strange thing is that while updating role owner, I had to leave the first field i.e Old value field.Leaving this field blank I am able to add the role owner and update the role owner as well.

I am yet to try with old value and new value. Thank you all for your valuable contribution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

This error may occur when you are updating roles with specifying wrong value in "old value" field.

E.g. current value for owner is XYZ. If user will enter for example ABC as "old value" system will show this error.

Regards,

Rafał

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rafal,

The issue is happening while adding the attributes as well. Here I am trying to mass add or update the roles with role owner attribute. In both cases I am getting the same error. However, while doing manually it is simply getting updated.

regards,

Kailash

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are try to update role owner for mass roles.

you have role owner already maintained?

and replace them with another owner right?

or your are just trying to add owner?

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Role owners are already maintained, as stated before the same error is coming in both the cases adding the owner for the new roles or updating the owner for existing roles.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to maintain config parameter..

role management  parameter id 3005 it should be NO.

check in role update if reset methodology is greyed out.. that should also be NO.

delete parameter and recreate it and test

REgards

Prasant

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tested the same.. deleted parameter 3005..

was getting same error, created it and set to NO  working fine.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

We already have the parameter 3005=No, while trying to update the mass role, I just tried again and We are still getting the same error.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when you try to update did you check in reset methodology is greyout ?

and what selected there YES or NO.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reset methodology option is not grye out, I selected the option NO

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try with option no, it should update.

also provide screenshot of steps .

and maintain config parameter.

Regards

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

You can refer following notes:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2036709

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1826907

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

I have followed the notes, however it has not helped, I am still getting the same error.

Regards,

Kjoshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

Please cross check that the field you are updating exist in the role. Also please ref below SAP note

if it meets your update selection criteria

#2036709 - Role attribute mass update background job incorrect

#1774421 - GRC 10 AC Role Mass Update, attribute “Owner” not working

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Have a Nice Day!

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily,

We have cross checked the fields and it only Role owner field which we are trying to add or update.

I have checked the notes, however not much help and the error is still coming while adding or updating the role owner. Manually, one by one, I am able to perform the activity.

Thank you,

Kailash

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please paste screenshot of your text file.

issue with your file.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

There is no text file, I just doing the role update.