cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading cryptography keys: Unable to open or read a keystore: Object already exists

dm21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I uninstalled SMP 3.0 SP4 and tried installing SMP SP04.Installation was succesful but i am getting an error "Error loading cryptography keys: Unable to open or read a keystore: Object already exists".

I tried all the possible ways to resolve this issue .I have almost tried all of the suggestion given in SCN( ,,

but still I am not able to reslove it.Please suggest if their is any other workarounds to resolve this issue.

Please help me.

Kind Regards,

Deepak.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dm21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found a solution which worked for me,I searched for the RSA folder in the whole drive and deleted all of the RSA folder.

Then I executed the go.bat as admin and Restarted the server and the error got resolved.

Regards,

Deepak.M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have also faced the same issue with SMP-2.3 SP03 but after doing some research I found that, the MachineKeys folder had no read and write access for the user (me). So after giving full control access to this folder my issue got resolved.

The path of MachineKeys is as follows in Windows-7, 32 bit machine

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys.

One of my colleague also faced the same issue with SMP-3.0, temporarily we resolved the issue by giving local admin rights to him.

Pleas help us If you found a better solution to resolve the issue in case of SMP-3.0.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sudhit,

With SMP3.0 it is now installing as a local user account.  If you always run under that user account then things should be fine or you need to modify the same permissions again.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You best option is the solution here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3569444

Assuming you installed to the default directory the key file will probably be

01b700e7d6d8e4881d65502d2455d8a3_a11a375d-d203-420b-b331-b7694ccae2fd

If it doesn't exist you will need to figure out which filename it is by checking the files or moving them all and starting your server to see which is created.  Then put back the others.

--Bill