Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Issue in Return Process

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have searched in Google but didn't get solution on below issue.Kindly provide the solution on below issue.

Issue: Batch is not determining automatically at returns obd level.

Scenario: Before activating the batch process to material, we have sold 10 qty, . Now, after activation batch process, we got that material stock from customer level. Now, while creating returns obd to receive that qty, system is not triggering batch automatically.

BR's,

Naren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How should it determine a batch  if you sold it without batch?

The goods are at your customer and have physically no batch, hence SAP is not able to determine a batch automatically because it cannot look into your customers system, and even it could it would not find a batch.

And you cannot expect it either to get it defaulted from your own referenced documents since they did  not have a batch.

You have to create a batch in your system manually using MSC1N and have to enter this batch manually into your delivery.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Sorry for wrong statement given in my subject.

How should it determine a batch  if you sold it without batch?

Issue 1 is ,system is not creating batch automatically while creating returns obd.

Client Expectation -system itself has to create batch automatically while doing returns obd.

I have suggested to management as you said that create a batch in msc1n and give that manually while doing returns obd but they were saying that ,there are many materials codes which are having zero stock.So,we can not create batches for all manually

Suggested: Thru LSMW,We can create batches for materials which are having zero stock.So,that ,user can maintain that batch number while doing returns obd.

Issue 2 is,while doing returns obd,system is accepting any number which is not present in that material codes.

Client Expectation -It should not be accept any number which is not present in that material code.

Need solution: Either system has create batch automatically or system should not accept any number which is not present in  that material code.

Thank you so much for your valuable time spending on this query.

BR's,

Naren

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you producing so much bad quality that you expect returns for everything?

Sorry, but for me is a return an exceptional case and not routine.

Even more exceptional is making a material batch managed while it was already in business for some time. All in all 2 exceptions come together, which would be a very rare case, which does not justify loading of batch records for each and every material.

But maybe I did not fully catch your situation.

If it is really the case that you get returns for a high percentage of your materials then it might be a reduced workload if you create batches with LSMW.

Still it is not logical to get those batches automatically determined in a return delivery.

How can you know which batch will be returned by your customer. It might right now be this one new created batch, since all goods your customers got in the past have been without batch.

But in a few weeks your customers got new material with new batches, then SAP cannot know automatically which of those batches is to be returned by your customer.

So I would not spend a lot time to create batch determination strategies for returns.

Batches can in general be created automatically with a goods receipt. But a delivery for batch managed materials expects a batch number in the batch number field, hence you cannot wait till you have posted the receipt.

In future, when you receive a complaint and the customer wants to do a return, you will know the batch number from the complaint and enter it already in the sales order, then it is copied over to the delivery.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Sorry for late replying on this.

Are you producing so much bad quality that you expect returns for everything?

No,my client is having many branches.Each branch will get below 50 cases per day.

How can you know which batch will be returned by your customer?

Actually,my client asked batch process for stock tracking report purpose only means physically ,the materials will not have batch numbers.We have done batch numbers internally.So,whenever we do GR,system will create  batch number automatically.

In return process:1.System is not creating batch automatically.This is ok,I will do LSMW to create batches but

2.In returns,though materials are having batch numbers,system is not proposing them automatically ( we have done batch process based on FIFO method ).

3.System is accepting any number as batch number in obd returns.This is very big problem to us.

Note:I have shared this issue with ABAPer. He is doing some validation now.Once it is over,will update over here.

Thank you so much for your valuable time spending on this query.

BR's,

Naren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

If a Return OBD is being created for a batch managed product which was sold in the first place as a non-batch managed product-then you have following options:

1) Create a batch manually before creating the Return Delivery.

2) If you have too many such materials which have been activated for batch management and assuming that there are too many returns, you can go for a generic batch equal to the material number which can be filled in the Return Delivery through Development.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

check OMJJ for return delivery mvmt and see the create batch automatically setting

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi .

I request you to clear you issue (Issue: Batch is not determining automatically at returns obd level.)

Return OBD Means - Return Outbound delivery. How this can be possible. In Return process we create

Inbound Delivery. If batch is not triggering automatically in Inbound delivery, then first check in MSC3N (Display batch) & check whether batch is created for this plant .storage Location etc. If not then create batch via MSC1N & then PGR could be done. though if you have more articles then it could be defined via LSMW.

I hope it will help.

Thanks

Kamlesh