cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 7 Client with SMP 3.0 SP04 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much trial and error (and invaluable help from searching through this forum) I've been able to deploy my Agentry app to SMP 3.0 Server (SP04) and connect to it from the ATE (v7.0.5.7).

Now I want to try it out on my iPhone and I've installed the Agentry 7 (v7.0.4.203) client from the App Store. I am trying to connect using the same URL I used in the ATE (https://machineName:8081/AppName) but I am getting a Could Not Resolve Host error. If I use the IP address it finds the server but I get an invalid certificate error (because the certificate was generated using my machine name).

So how can I get my iPhone Agentry client to connect to the server? This is all in a development environment by the way.

Thanks,

Dave

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up generating an smp_cert.cer based on the IP address. Not ideal since it is assigned by DHCP but it allowed me to get around the issue and connect from my client devices to the server.

This article by Bill Froelich was really helpful in coming up with an easy way to generate a new certificate on the fly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the link to Bill's post:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use the browser on the client to see if you are able to get the "I am here" page with the link?

Is the ATE you on the same machine as the SMP Server?  Have you tried from a different machine?

Is the firewall open and nothing blocking the network path between the client and server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I can't reach the server if I use the machine name (https://machineName/appName) from the iPhone browser. If I use the IP address then I get the "I am here!" message.

The ATE is on the same machine as the SMP Server. I haven't tried from another machine because I don't have the ATE installed anywhere else.

I've turned off the firewall on the Windows machine and as I said it can be reached via its IP address so I guess my question is how to make the machine name work from other clients like my iPhone?

Thanks,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like there might be a DNS issue with the computer where the iPhone can't find the DNS name.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely. Unfortunately I don't know anything about DNS so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

If anyone can point me toward some resources on configuration I'd really appreciate it. I'm just trying to get this set up in a proof of concept mode on my laptop.

Thanks,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a different windows machine can you try in command line "nslookup <machine name>"

This should give the IP address the DNS server has for you server.  If it is not the same IP address server machine you may need to get with your IT deparment to get it mapped correctly.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I tried it from another machine and got the following:

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

Server:  UnKnown

Address:  2601:1:bb00:4ff:82ea:96ff:fee7:216e

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

I'm assuming the Address listed above is the address of the DNS Server.

Can I set up my own DNS Server for testing purposes? I can set up my own wireless network between my laptop and the devices if that is easier.

Thanks,

Dave