Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off inheritance in functional location and equipment permanently

ashishverma436
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to turn off inheritance while creating and changing functional location and equipments.. Is there any setting in SPRO or any other place from where i can turn it off.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

The process of Data transfer is start as shown below

1. when ever you are trying to link equipment with functional location you can see 'Install with data transfer tab as shown below.

2. When you click on that system will show which data is going to transfer when it is linked with FL as shown below

3. if you want to remove it, click on tab shown below with "Dism. w data Transfer"

4. Tick on things which you dont want to transfer.

Please check and revert back if you want same thing for this. I think for this there is no any configuration setting in SAP.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

ashishverma436
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Chaitanya,

Thanks for replying ... I know the process which you explained.. My problem is :

When ever I'm changing a parent functional location then changes get automatically copied to the child locations...

In my scenario.. im sending data of functional location using third party product... I want to permanently disable inheritance in sap for functional location and equipment.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I don't think that there will be any configuration by which we can Disable inheritance to copy. but as you say that data is transferring from Third party software.

now where ever data is coming to SAP and having link with Equipment, in that process can we add the process given above to "Dism. w data Transfer" and make all field disable.

This is just suggesting because there will be no any configuration for it. Please check your Program of IDOC.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

One way is to fill them in the Equipments. Once filled fields are not overwritten by inheritance even after you vacate these fields later. This might not be a solution you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

can you please explain your requirement in Brief so that we can get a perticular ans for this.

as i Understand that you dont want to link Equipment to subequipment or to functional location that is correct or not

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CSP,

Question is very clear. You suggest him a way where the values like Planner Group, Main Work Center, Catalog Profile, Cost Center etc do not flow (copy) automatically from Functional Location to Equipments when the Equipments are placed under them.