Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the demand propogate from DC to Plant

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have a very basic question . I have a DC and a demand on the DC , the DC is connected to the plant using Tlane . Now when i run SNP irrespective on heuristics, optimizer or CTM .

1) How does the engine work and how is the demand propogated to the plant .

2) What are the ATP categories involved in the process .

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

1) How does the engine work...

Books have been written about this subject.  Don't expect to see the answer in a few lines in an SCN posting.

...and how is the demand propogated to the plant .

Transportation lane is considered to be a source of supply, one of several possible sources of supply. IF demand is to be propagated from a DC to a plant, it is done when the planning engine creates a supply element in the DC.  When the planning engine 'decides' to create a supply elemenet in the DC, and it further 'decides' that the source of supply for a given demand should be a transportation lane, it creates an order, which automagically creates a dependent demand element placed upon the plant.   I say "IF", because YOU decide which source(s) of supply are appropriate under a given planning scenario, using the planning engine of YOUR choice.

2) What are the ATP categories involved in the process . 

In the end, YOU decide this.  In SNP, the most commonly used supply element for DCs is 'EA' , which normally automagically creates a demand element 'EB' in the plant.  You can decide to use other elements as well.

Best Regards,

DB49