cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Declare Variable, While Writing BOM Dependency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of our client we are trying to migrate from BANN system to SAP.

The show stopper is BANN system has a capability of declaring a variable(Local or Global) in dependency editor, which can be used in another      component dependency to build the logic.

Can any one help me know is it possible to declare a variable in dependency editor for a procedure in SAP...?

Thanks all in advance for your replies.

Regards,

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

While you can use variables in BANN while writing dependencies, SAP supports only characteristics in VC. In SAP, every variable is represented by a characteristic only. If there is a multplication with a number, then it is possible to write the number, but you cannot define variables freely without the help of characteristics.

If you are migrating from BANN to SAP for VC

1. You need to map every such variable of BANN with a characteristic of SAP

2. Accordingly you need to transform the BANN logic into SAP logic while writing dependencies. You can do this transformation after downloading the code of the dependencies from the database in BANN, transform them to SAP dependencies using transformation rules. Once this is done, you can create the dependencies manually or through some automatic tools in SAP

3. In the final step, considering these characteristics which only perform the function of a variable but will not involve in configuration, you have to design your configuration set up using classes etc.....in SAP to enable functionalities across SD, PP, MM etc.

Needless to say, it is not unachievable, but needs lot of structured thought from the project team.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitesh Choudhury,

I am not aware of BAN so have no clue what kind of dependencies you use there.

In SAP VC, while writing dependencies object refer are characteristic & values.

Characterstic's are consider to be global and you can use this characteristic in N number or classes and these N classes can be attached to many other objects.

While writing object dependencies you can decide on creating a global dependencies or local dependencies.

refer below link , which may help you with more information.

Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

reply with some more details and may be forum members can help you comparing SAP VC with BAN.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks For your reply.

What is required is, I need to declare a local variable in dependency writer or else if I can call any "include" object there.

Path in dependency Editor --->

Edit > Edit Includes > Expand Include / Collapse Include / Save Include

The underlined Options are disabled.

Is there a way to enable this.

Thanks,

Nitesh.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitesh Choudhury

can you discribe it with an example?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

This is a piece a code picked from legacy system:

long pkg global

if ([CUTFIG] = "E" and
[BASSE] = "1" and
[MWEAR] is {"0","14","2","52"} and
[GRROT] = "B") then
validate = true
pkg = 1
else
validate = false
pkg = 0
endif

We have a solution of all other except the underlined piece of code.

Is it possible..?

the variable "pkg" is used in any other component for calculation.

Thanks,

Nitesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitesh Choudhury,

To me every thing CUTFIG, BASSE, MWEAR, GRROT as well as pkg are characterstic and there values.

and i can write a suntex for dependency procedure which will genetrate value for characterstic PKG based upon values of my other characterstic  CUTFIG, BASSE, MWEAR, GRROT.

I suggest , first you go through basic's of VC , read about characterstic and how to write dependencies and then compare VC setup with BAN.

Thanks

Ritesh