cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Visual Enterprise Viewer 8 as embedded viewer in SAP GUI

0 Kudos

Hi,

is there already an offical supported way to use the Visual Enterprise Viewer 8 as embedded viewer (= similar to ECL viewer) in the SAP GUI for viewing original files of an DIR?

I know the following tutorial. It seems to be more a proof of concept.

Thanks and kind regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the OSS note 1900197 with the title "Revertion of VE Viewer integration in DMS".

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1900197

So it seems that the integration is part of the support package 01 of enhancement package 7.

Does anyone has experience with this integration?

Kind regards

Florian

0 Kudos

No users of Visual Enterprise Viewer that use good old SAP GUI?

0 Kudos

I noticed that I have to use %VIEWER-CONTROL%SAPPROVIS in the DVS customizing to get the VEV embedded into SAP GUI. There are still some problems (no fullscreen mode, no comparison between files, some crashes). But it looks quite promising so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Could you help me with the settings for visual enterprise viewer? I downloaded the viewer to the desktop and defined a workstation application and entered the %viewer-control%sapprovis but keep getting an error. If you could give me a step by step procedure that would be helpful.

thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam

first you have to implement SAP note 1885197. Please not that SAP has revoked the SAP note with the new SAP note 1900197. For me the description of that SAP note is not clear. My interpretation is that the implementation of 1885197 was not stable so they revoked it and they will release as stable version together with support package 01 of EHP7. But I may be wrong.

We didn't implement the revoke so with the following DVS customizing the embedded viewing with Visual Enterprise Viewer works.

As setup of the VEV download the actual version from the :

Support Packages and Patches => V => SAP Visual Enterprise => Visual Enterprise Viewer => Visual Enterprise Viewer 8.0 => VE Viewer Compelete 8.0 => Win32

VEVIEWERCOMP02_0-20011786.EXE     SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer 8.0 SP02

Kind regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It helps.